Civic Si engine is hiding under the hood of the "Avancier"

thaseint

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW GTI SE
Country flag
Interesting, here's a picture of the supposed 2.0L turbo engine that'll be going in this vehicle.

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Si engine is hiding under the hood of the "Avancier" Honda-Avancier-China-01

View attachment 9660

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Prelude Si
Country flag
Ah yes. America #2! Seems China is the "important" market these days.

Anyways, still haven't seen a Si mule yet......

OP
OP

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Prelude Si
Country flag
So, I've been oogling that 2.0T for a bit. Here's what I see so far:

The valve cover is the same as the K20 in the NA2.0, totally different than the 1.5T. So it is certain this is the 2.0T

The charge piping is larger diameter and has a few more hard parts than the 1.5T

The intercooler has 2 more rows.

Throttle body is mounted nearer the transmission than the 1.5T

The 2.0T in the pic is NOT bolted to a CVT that we have seen before. I can see the sideways-mounted trans-pan and connector for the valve body, So I am going to guess this is a gear swapper AT. Since I am not super familiar with recent Honda automatics, I am going on a limb here and saying this may be the 9AT that is outsourced. I noticed the valve body connector is a round connector, similar to mil-spec. Not something I've known Honda to use before.

mvance30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 si
finally something else to speculate at.
not that it matters but how does this SUV compare to the Pilot we get state side?

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Well the engine replaces a supposed V6 that would have gone into the Chinese flagship variant. So I can't say I'm too surprised with their powertrain choice.

Whether this is a precursor to the Si remains to be seen. But it certainly shows that Honda is positioned to release other variants of the 2.0T for mass production.

djasonw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2017 Toyota iM
Country flag
I'm not really a gear head but can any of you chime in on what type of performance this engine will provide ?? Quarter mile? 0-60???

dastanli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry, Tacoma
Country flag
Ouuuu man, if they made a touring SI with a sport tuned 9AT with paddle shifters I would be sold. Would love a little sportier of a car than the regular civic touring for an everyday commute. Wouldn't mind giving up a few mpg for a little quicker of a car.

mvance30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 si
I'm not really a gear head but can any of you chime in on what type of performance this engine will provide ?? Quarter mile? 0-60???
the 1.5T currently with the CVT is about as fast as a 9th gen SI. 1/4 mile between 15-15.5 and 90-93mph trap speed.
Factory I'd expect atleast a 14.5 1/4 mile if not faster. and since it will be turbo, it'll be easier and cheaper to make it go faster than a NA SI of the past.

OP
OP

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Prelude Si
Country flag
Similar performance to Focus ST and VW GTI, 1/4 trap of 96-98 MPH for 6MT, as fast as 100 MPH for AT (if that happens) 0-60 of no faster than 5.5-5.6, most likely 0-60 of 5.8ish (FWD limitations)

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
Any of you guys speculate on what is under the cover that appears to be bolted to the top of the intake manifold, (held in place by 4 visible and 2 hidden 10mm or 12mm bolts) ??