17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
I personally hate leather. But I would take alcantera
I don't love leather but I would like to see it as a factory option - really what I think I'd like is an Si-Touring so you could get the POWER and the PLUSHY. Not for me of course, but I think there is a market for it.
Sponsored

OP
OP
CIVICSPORT

CIVICSPORT

Doctor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
I don't love leather but I would like to see it as a factory option - really what I think I'd like is an Si-Touring so you could get the POWER and the PLUSHY. Not for me of course, but I think there is a market for it.
Completely agree. Fully loaded, AND give me Acura's 8-speed Twin Clutch, and remote start, LED headlights...

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
I personally hate leather. But I would take alcantera
I am Hoping Honda offers a 2nd trim with partial leather similar to Ford, Subaru and VW. Mazda offered two trims with the MS3 - a base Sport and a GT with partial leather, HIDs, LEDs, and a host of other refinements. The alecantra inserts were the enthusiast's choice because they breath easier and prevent the driver from slipping across the surface in tight corners.

On my 09 MS3, it held up really well over the years; which I imagine would be the same for Honda if they went that route:
Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Si Delayed until June 2017? 3145670185_large

OP
OP
CIVICSPORT

CIVICSPORT

Doctor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
I am Hoping Honda offers a 2nd trim with partial leather similar to Ford, Subaru and VW. Mazda offered two trims with the MS3 - a base Sport and a GT with partial leather, HIDs, LEDs, and a host of other refinements. The alecantra inserts were the enthusiast's choice because they breath easier and prevent the driver from slipping across the surface in tight corners.

On my 09 MS3, it held up really well over the years; which I imagine would be the same for Honda if they went that route:
Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Si Delayed until June 2017? 3145670185_large
Yes I like that set up a lot! Do you still have your MS3? If so I am curious how your almost 10 year old Mazda will compare performace wise to the new Si. Same compact sport class.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
I still have the MS3. But I have a few light mods that put me closer to CTR performance levels. I last dyno'd around 330 at the crank, or around 270 at the wheels. Despite its age (180K) it still rips around the circuit during my occasional track visits.

From a performance perspective, the Si will probably slot just above base 200 HP trims like the Fiesta ST, Elantra Sport, Cooper S, and indirectly the Toyota 86. But it probably won't quite go head-to-head with the upcoming 246 HP GTI, Focus ST, or WRX. Then again, Honda could surprise us. :cool:

Regardless, I can honestly say that HP is overrated - especially on FWD. On a car like the Civic, 220 is more than enough. It won't win stoplight wars but it will be just enough punch to be fun for the daily grind.

Last edited:

OP
OP
CIVICSPORT

CIVICSPORT

Doctor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
I still have the MS3. But I have a few light mods that put me closer to CTR performance levels. I last dyno'd around 330 at the crank, or around 270 at the wheels. Despite its age (180K) it still rips around the circuit during my occasional track visits.

From a performance perspective, the Si will probably slot just above base 200 HP trims like the Fiesta ST, Elantra Sport, Cooper S, and indirectly the Toyota 86. But it probably won't quite go head-to-head with the upcoming 246 HP GTI, Focus ST, or WRX. Then again, Honda could surprise us. :cool:

Regardless, I can honestly say that HP is overrated - especially on FWD. On a car like the Civic, 220 is more than enough. It won't win stoplight wars but it will be just enough punch to be fun for the daily grind.
Exactly I just want fun. I'm sure it will be a 215hp 0-60 in 6.0 seconds kind of car. I really liked the MS3 back in the day. Too bad Mazda doesn't get back in the game and put the 2.5L Turbo from the CX9 into other platforms. Actually if that happened I probably wouldn't be posting here, lol.

OP
OP
CIVICSPORT

CIVICSPORT

Doctor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Just figured I would update this. I stopped by the dealership yesterday (March 15th) and they showed me that they still do not have a section in their order bank for any Si's.

This means the cars are still more than 60 days out (May 15th)... The dealer told me they think they might show up in the system March 30th .. which would mean they would get delivered around June 1st.

This is best case scenario. I can't believe I am waiting around for this car when there are no stats on it.

OP
OP
CIVICSPORT

CIVICSPORT

Doctor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
My theory is that they went back to rework the powertrain. And I believe the move from VW had a lot to do with it.
http://jalopnik.com/the-2018-volkswagen-gti-just-got-an-incredibly-high-tec-1788803175

I still think they're keeping the 1.5. But my gut says they're aiming for 220+ if they can swing it.
Yep everyone is going to come out swinging at the Si. I'm sure it will have +220hp, I'd just like to see this confirmed. Even with these cars being available in May/June I will probably wait to see the 0-60 and 1/4 mile times and reviews as to whether or not the rev hang is an issue.

Adam16T

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic EX
Country flag
I just got back from my dealership, I asked the sales manger that helped us and he said he was told yesterday in an in company e-mail dealerships will be given a notice of the future of the Si and "possible" release March 25th. :( The TypeR should be available for deposits April 1st, Delivery Late June.

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
My theory is that they went back to rework the powertrain.
So if that were the case and they're reworking things on such level (i.e. not just cosmetics), that must have started several months ago, no? Not necessarily making any points with this, just thinking out loud/am curious...

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Agreed. If it holds true, I'm thinking the decision would have been made early to mid last year. I'm not suggesting a total makeover... just incremental tweaks that could have caused a ripple in the supply chain.

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
Cool.

Yeah I'd be quite happy even with 210, which is what I'm expecting it'll be, -- but if they pull off 220 or more - then I'll be... well... more than quite happy? :)
(As long as it feels at least as solid as my TSX when whipped around corners...)

Last edited:

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
Country flag
I just got back from my dealership, I asked the sales manger that helped us and he said he was told yesterday in an in company e-mail dealerships will be given a notice of the future of the Si and "possible" release March 25th. :( The TypeR should be available for deposits April 1st, Delivery Late June.
I too just got an email from my dealership right at 4:59PM today saying they receive an invitation from Honda for me to leave my job and "possibly" join them as a Product Engineer to promptly swap out the 1.5T with the 2.0T.