Civic Si Delayed until June 2017?

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Si is slated between the EX-L and Touring. It's mentioned twice in the coupe/sedan lineup. Though the CTR is curiously absent in the hatch trims. To me this means pricing is set between 23.5-25.5K. And the feature set is just above that in the EX-L. Stuff we've already known, but now reinforced in their PR language. The question on my mind is whether LEDs will be offered with the Si (possible but unlikely).

All of this correlates with their production schedule (if pre-production truly started last week).
Maybe in price but not features - Don't expect Si to have leather or power seats or magic rear-view mirror; Navi will (hopefully) be a $1,500 option along with summer tires.
Sponsored

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
What this says is the Si is slated just above the EX-L in pricing, despite offering unique seating without leather.

If they offer Navi or any other extras, including LEDs, they'd likely do through a 2nd trim (Si Touring).

Last edited:
OP
OP
CIVICSPORT

CIVICSPORT

Doctor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
I'm really ready for info on this car. So I hope we see something next week with the Chicago Auto Show. I'm ready to list my car for sale as of the end of March and expect to sell it within 4-5 weeks which puts me at May...

The shitty part is I'm now faced with slashed pricing from the competition on their left over 2016 stock... like the Focus ST give away pricing, Golf R's are even reduced, and a local Acura dealer has a gorgeous ILX A-Spec lease return with 7,000kms on it for a ridiculously low price .... FK Honda Come On!!:rolleyes::mad::confused::(

asiandeity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Civic SI, 2017 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm really ready for info on this car. So I hope we see something next week with the Chicago Auto Show. I'm ready to list my car for sale as of the end of March and expect to sell it within 4-5 weeks which puts me at May...

The shitty part is I'm now faced with slashed pricing from the competition on their left over 2016 stock... like the Focus ST give away pricing, Golf R's are even reduced, and a local Acura dealer has a gorgeous ILX A-Spec lease return with 7,000kms on it for a ridiculously low price .... FK Honda Come On!!:rolleyes::mad::confused::(
The Chicago Auto Show starts this weekend, but I think the Honda Media day is on Feb. 9th.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
And heated seats - might even be standard, not optional like the Navi.
I think you're right! I've spotted the button in a few places now. Exciting!

DrwMDvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Civic Si Sedan, 2000 Honda Civic
Country flag
Heated seats better be standard or my tush will have hell to raise. EX-T has heated seats, so I'm positive the base Si will.

OP
OP
CIVICSPORT

CIVICSPORT

Doctor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Heated seats better be standard or my tush will have hell to raise. EX-T has heated seats, so I'm positive the base Si will.
The Si had heated seats in 2014... by the time most people are buying this car it will be almost 2018... It better have heated seats... Period!

JYR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8th gen Si
Country flag
Our friends to the north are the only people who got heated seats in their Si in 2014 ;)

thr33lions

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Civic Veloz, 2006 Si Coupe, 2010 Si Coupe, 2013 Si Sedan
My 2013 Si Sedan has heated seats, makes the winter drives in Southern Ontario bearable.

fastSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type-R 2018 CW #13019
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
All SI since 2013 in canada came with heated seats and Navi as standard equipement...

We are very Lucky in canada...like the new Civic hbk 2017 Sport all equipement below are standard

-Smart entry key
-Push Button Start
-Heated Seats,heated Mirrors
-Moonroof
-Dual Zone Climate Control
-180W 8 speakers
-7" Display (Android auto/Car Play/Honda Link)

phillyphan09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
I really hate the light gray (or white stripes, hard to tell which it is) on the seats and hope they go a different direction with them. If not, I will be paying extra to have leather installed which i may end up doing anyway. I enjoy the leather in mine too much to switch to cloth. Or they can make the Si seats available n leather and solve all of my problems at once.

Also, im dying to drive this car in a manual and i cant waitttt to hear what it sounds like. This wait is killing me!

OP
OP
CIVICSPORT

CIVICSPORT

Doctor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
I really hate the light gray (or white stripes, hard to tell which it is) on the seats and hope they go a different direction with them. If not, I will be paying extra to have leather installed which i may end up doing anyway. I enjoy the leather in mine too much to switch to cloth. Or they can make the Si seats available n leather and solve all of my problems at once.

Also, im dying to drive this car in a manual and i cant waitttt to hear what it sounds like. This wait is killing me!
I personally hate leather. But I would take alcantera