Civic Si Delayed until June 2017?

All-Knowing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NSX
Country flag
My next guess for a reveal is the Dayton Auto Show, where American Honda's headquarters are. Under their featured cars section, it states Honda - coming soon... and there are only a handful of manufacturers in this list. Could be any reveal for them though. Should see something either Wednesday Feb. 22nd, or Thursday Feb. 23rd. Media day is Thursday.
American Honda headquarters are in Torrance, CA not Dayton, OH...
Sponsored

DrwMDvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Civic Si Sedan, 2000 Honda Civic
Country flag
American Honda headquarters are in Torrance, CA not Dayton, OH...
My apologies, I didn't do enough research. They do still have a strong presence in that area: transmission factory, R & D Center, Engine Plant, auto plant, etc.

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag

Tim818

King Of The ‘Ring
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic EX, 2018 CTR
Country flag
If I had to guess, it will probably be the prototype that was unveiled a few months ago...

SoichiroSan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW GTI Sport, '17 Si coupe
I hear ya. I couldnt wait any longer plus didn't want the 1.5T. I looked at GTIs over the holidays too, but came across a new 2016 Focus ST deal that I simply couldn't refuse. Picked up a base model with sunroof for nearly $6k off MSRP ($20,250). I felt like I stole it. Time will tell if I have any regrets maintenance-wise but so far it's been a hoot to drive. First 'American' car I've ever purchased, but it was engineered entirely in Germany and everything about the way it feels and handles shows (even the bolts are metric).

I'll most likely be boosting the torque soon all the way to a monstrous 360 lb/ft TQ for only a meager $700 installed. Given how much I saved on the car, I view it as practically free. Even better, it's a Ford Racing tune and keeps the warranty intact.

http://bestride.com/news/torque-is-cheap-factory-ford-ecu-flash-boosts-focus-st-to-360-lb-ft
Congrats on your purchase! It's great that you found such a deal. I guess it's good to be an enthusiast who doesn't want a CUV. Sport compacts with manual transmissions? Who wants those *lol*?

Last edited:

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I looked at the 20k ST deal also. I could trade my Civic EXT even up but I passed.

I hear ya. I couldnt wait any longer plus didn't want the 1.5T. I looked at GTIs over the holidays too, but came across a new 2016 Focus ST deal that I simply couldn't refuse. Picked up a base model with sunroof for nearly $6k off MSRP ($20,250). I felt like I stole it. Time will tell if I have any regrets maintenance-wise but so far it's been a hoot to drive. First 'American' car I've ever purchased, but it was engineered entirely in Germany and everything about the way it feels and handles shows (even the bolts are metric).

I'll most likely be boosting the torque soon all the way to a monstrous 360 lb/ft TQ for only a meager $700 installed. Given how much I saved on the car, I view it as practically free. Even better, it's a Ford Racing tune and keeps the warranty intact.

http://bestride.com/news/torque-is-cheap-factory-ford-ecu-flash-boosts-focus-st-to-360-lb-ft

LoveToDrive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LX MT, 2015 Si (RIP)

Wow, what an amazing deal! Congratulations on your purchase. I'm glad you finally found one that makes you happy! :thumbsup:

JYR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8th gen Si
Country flag
The prototype Si has been on display at every auto show.

DrwMDvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Civic Si Sedan, 2000 Honda Civic
Country flag
Did anyone notice the head unit display on the Si prototype images recognize that it says 'Navigation' on it? I haven't heard anyone mention it, but that's good that they are offering it. I personally won't get that trim as I don't see the purpose with CarPlay. I'm just constantly drooling on these photos and what's to come.... HURRY UP.

87Si89Base16EXT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX-T '13 Accord Sport '08 Scion xD '94 Altima
Correct! I sort of blurted it out SteveGG style as I am still sour on the new Si 1.5L subject.. seeing as I have a CVT Si outside already; to me..
Hahaha. "SteveGG style" That dude gave us Steve's a bad name. But yep, that described my '87 Si to a t. Hey, did you say you were getting the FlashPro? if so, how's it been?

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
It looks like a generic blurb about Civic. I'm pretty sure it's been there for a long while. It doesn't suggest the Si will be at the next show any more than it suggests that any other Civic variant will be.
Not quite as generic as one might believe. The way it's worded, it looks like they have pricing/amenities nailed down.

I wouldn't rule out Chicago.

Last edited:

Waiting

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexes ES350
Not quite as generic as one might believe. The way it's worded, it looks like they have pricing/amenities nailed down.

And maybe some hp numbers and release date.. Oh.. One can only dream

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag

Not ruling it out; just not so sure that page is an indicator of anything. I've looked at it at least a couple months ago and I think (though I may be wrong) that its wording hasn't changed.
Guess I'm not seeing anything special in their wording there, in those two very short sentences about the Si. Curious as to what makes it look to you "like they have pricing/amenities nailed down"...?

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Hahaha. "SteveGG style" That dude gave us Steve's a bad name. But yep, that described my '87 Si to a t. Hey, did you say you were getting the FlashPro? if so, how's it been?
Yes I did, its sick, loads of torque now it feels like. Hitting 20.5 psi on the amazing Shell 91 fuel I rave about.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Not ruling it out; just not so sure that page is an indicator of anything. I've looked at it at least a couple months ago and I think (though I may be wrong) that its wording hasn't changed.
Guess I'm not seeing anything special in their wording there, in those two very short sentences about the Si. Curious as to what makes it look to you "like they have pricing/amenities nailed down"...?
Si is slated between the EX-L and Touring. It's mentioned twice in the coupe/sedan lineup. Though the CTR is curiously absent in the hatch trims. To me this means pricing is set between 23.5-25.5K. And the feature set is just above that in the EX-L. Stuff we've already known, but now reinforced in their PR language. The question on my mind is whether LEDs will be offered with the Si (possible but unlikely).

All of this correlates with their production schedule (if pre-production truly started last week).
Sponsored