Civic Si Delayed until June 2017?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
THE TAINTMOBILE 9000
I had my local dealership call Honda Customer Relations number today @ 1-888-9-Honda-9 and ask about their anticipated arrival/Delivery date for the Si's as I have gone twice to look at the Sport Touring Hatch that they have in stock.

I have wanted the Si for sometime, but now its crunch time and I need to buy pretty soon. I don't want to buy the sport touring (6MT -Canada Only suckers!!) and then see the Si's arrive next month.

My sales associate called and told them that he had several customers looking to put down a retainer deposit but that it was the dealers policy that they could only hold the funds for 90 days. This would entitle me to one of the first Si's to arrive at the dealership. He explained that he had no access to an order bank for the Si's and that none had been allotted to the dealer or had been available to order.

Very stealthy sales guy!!! We were put on hold and then passed through to another contact who told us that due to undisclosed circumstances with Honda North American production that we would not see any Si's at dealers in North America until Early to Mid June.

Just wanted to pass this on. Its pretty tangible info. :cry::rant:
I talked to a honda sales rep last week at the Detroit auto show and he told me Si's would be coming in march, might be different for the USA.
Sponsored

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ridgeline RTL-E (Thanks to the CTR markups)
Country flag
Just contact your local dealer, they can get you one. I have seen 1 in person so far. Apparantly no source has been able to correctly test the 0-60 of this model.. but the one review has it pegged at 7.8 seconds, while another review of the regular sedans handling by ProCivic was dismal. Which basically puts the Sport Touring out of the picture for me... unless someone can accurately review otherwise.

Hence holding out for this Civic Si which Honda cant seem to get to the market.
Rev Hang is here to stay since the 2006 model. Im sorry guys.

Flashpro can make smooth it a bit more.
Personally I dont see the big deal about it. There is a reason for it. I guess is for keeping the emissions even lower.

SoichiroSan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW GTI Sport, '17 Si coupe
I snagged a VW GTI Sport for about $24K over the holidays. This new-for-2017 trim comes standard with the Performance and Lighting packages. Just couldn't wait for the Si any longer. I may regret it in the future when it starts falling apart, but for now this little beast sure is fun to drive.

Aero2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TSX, 2010, 6MT
Country flag
I talked to a honda sales rep last week at the Detroit auto show and he told me Si's would be coming in march, might be different for the USA.
I asked the Honda reps at the Philly auto show this past weekend, and was also told March. They were fairly definitive about this, but had no clear answer about the Type-R.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
I asked the Honda reps at the Philly auto show this past weekend, and was also told March. They were fairly definitive about this, but had no clear answer about the Type-R.
I'm coming to the show Saturday and I'll ask them as well...
Did they have either the Si or the Type R on hand? They had a coupe last year which was a bit of a surprise to many.

LoveToDrive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LX MT, 2015 Si (RIP)
Rev hang will kill it for me. I sold a previous car after the rev hang drove me batty.
I realize that rev hang can be very annoying to some. Like many said, though, there are some options to combat that unless you are planning on keeping it stock. Changing our technique doesn't seem like a big deal either, in my opinion. All cars have idiosyncrasies to which we respond according to how the car behaves. I don't think rev hang is a deal breaker.

thr33lions

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Civic Veloz, 2006 Si Coupe, 2010 Si Coupe, 2013 Si Sedan
Did they have either the Si or the Type R on hand? They had a coupe last year which was a bit of a surprise to many.
I was told the exact same thing by a sales manager in Southern Ontario yesterday. March in the US, April/May for Canada. Thought it would be other way around since they're being assembled in Acton Ontario. Either way it'll be nice not having to deal with snow the first time I drive it.

LoveToDrive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LX MT, 2015 Si (RIP)
I snagged a VW GTI Sport for about $24K over the holidays. This new-for-2017 trim comes standard with the Performance and Lighting packages. Just couldn't wait for the Si any longer. I may regret it in the future when it starts falling apart, but for now this little beast sure is fun to drive.
Congratulations! :thumbsup:

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
I realize that rev hang can be very annoying to some. Like many said, though, there are some options to combat that unless you are planning on keeping it stock. Changing our technique doesn't seem like a big deal either, in my opinion. All cars have idiosyncrasies to which we respond according to how the car behaves. I don't think rev hang is a deal breaker.
One last thing on the rev hang - just beat the shit out of the car. It seems to go away if you're shifting near redline all the time.

Aero2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TSX, 2010, 6MT
Country flag
Nope, no Si or Type-R. This is unfortunate but not surprising, because we rarely get the most exciting prototypes, concepts, etc. They did have a bright green Civic coupe though, which looked cool IMO.

dawsonj87

First Name
Dawson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Civic EX Coupe, 2001 Honda CB250
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
One last thing on the rev hang - just beat the shit out of the car. It seems to go away if you're shifting near redline all the time.
THANK YOU! I've been worried about the rev hang forever. Glad there's at least some advice. The thought of buying a $650+ FlashPro was not very appealing to me. I plan on buying the second I've secured a job out of college, my 04 will probably be on it's last legs then anyway.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
It's more prevalent in the CVT to limit sudden jerks from the powertrain, based on throttle input. And I'm willing to bet it can be tuned out by Flashpro (though I haven't looked specifically).