Civic Si Delayed until June 2017?

CIVICSPORT

Doctor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
I had my local dealership call Honda Customer Relations number today @ 1-888-9-Honda-9 and ask about their anticipated arrival/Delivery date for the Si's as I have gone twice to look at the Sport Touring Hatch that they have in stock.

I have wanted the Si for sometime, but now its crunch time and I need to buy pretty soon. I don't want to buy the sport touring (6MT -Canada Only suckers!!) and then see the Si's arrive next month.

My sales associate called and told them that he had several customers looking to put down a retainer deposit but that it was the dealers policy that they could only hold the funds for 90 days. This would entitle me to one of the first Si's to arrive at the dealership. He explained that he had no access to an order bank for the Si's and that none had been allotted to the dealer or had been available to order.

Very stealthy sales guy!!! We were put on hold and then passed through to another contact who told us that due to undisclosed circumstances with Honda North American production that we would not see any Si's at dealers in North America until Early to Mid June.

Just wanted to pass this on. Its pretty tangible info. :cry::rant:
Sponsored

metal_driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TSX (Euro-R mods), 2009 Acura TSX, 2008 MDX, 2011 Shelby GT500, 2018 Type R, 2020 MDX A-Spec
Country flag
Should have asked also when or if the Type R is releasing before or after the Si...

Wonder what the "undisclosed circumstances" could be also...
A local Honda sales manager told me a couple of days ago that they were informed last week not to expect the Type-R till June earliest (in Canada at least). Starting to sound like there has been a hold up on the Si of some sort...

Tim818

King Of The ‘Ring
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic EX, 2018 CTR
Country flag
A local Honda sales manager told me a couple of days ago that they were informed last week not to expect the Type-R till June earliest (in Canada at least). Starting to sound like there has been a hold up on the Si of some sort...
Be weird as hell if they're both released in the same month

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Click baits will be all over this by tomorrow you guys watch, someone in Honda Canada might get they're wrists slapped for this :D seriously though like wow, like how much time do they need to get the Si ready.. all for some 1.5T, lets go Honda, you're holding up the Type R :nono:

coopermidnight

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That sucks, but at the same time it'll work for me if it's true. I need some more payments on my current car and don't want to be jealous of other Si drivers until my trade-in won't be upside down :D

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
This thread title is mis leading. Unless you know for a fact it's delayed, please don't say it. You will not be able to find out by talking to a dealer or calling some number to talk to "Honda". Just be patient and wait like everyone else. It will come soon.

OP
OP
CIVICSPORT

CIVICSPORT

Doctor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
This thread title is mis leading. Unless you know for a fact it's delayed, please don't say it. You will not be able to find out by talking to a dealer or calling some number to talk to "Honda". Just be patient and wait like everyone else. It will come soon.
Its legit. I have bought two cars from this dealer, and I was present in the room when the call was made, unbeknown to the Honda Canada rep on the other end. We didn't talk to the first person who answered the phone. I'm not going to incriminate anyone, but we talked with a credible source IMO.

You can either take this real world feedback or you can take the silence that is currently being offered. I'm not a news outlet either if you prefer to get your info that way then you can keep waiting also.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
I've been running some feelers the last couple weeks and getting similar feedback (after hearing some second hand conversations coming out of Torrance). I don't think it's technically a delay except the one mention of "Spring" from Sage Marie during the unveiling. But they are cutting it close as it appears it might launch (per your description) right at the end of their announced 18 month window.

You can read more info about it here:
http://www.vtec.net/forums/one-message?message_id=1304122

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Wonder what the "undisclosed circumstances" could be also...
It's probably a production holdup involving the powertrain or suspension/chassis. Willing to bet Honda made some small, late-breaking changes which in turn is putting pressure on their suppliers to alter their specs. Only a guess from me...

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Still track testing.. may as well just call it a 2018 now.. just release the lowest displacement Si ever already, and let the big dog come.. :nono:

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Si Delayed until June 2017? IMG_0413.PNG

thr33lions

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Civic Veloz, 2006 Si Coupe, 2010 Si Coupe, 2013 Si Sedan