Civic owner's guide updated to include Si

LoveToDrive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LX MT, 2015 Si (RIP)
Ah who are you kidding, you're gonna buy it anyway. There's nothing else out there for some of us... :D:headbang:
Darn it, you're absolutely right! Seriously though, I am not sure about purchasing immediately.
Sponsored

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
Country flag
My experience with the GTI suggests many will keep the mode off unless the environment call for it. The tighter steering can get a bit annoying on the hwy. Every little twinge from the wheel telegraphs to unwanted weaving in the lane. :mad:
That's why the GTI allows you to adjust each system independently.

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
Darn it, you're absolutely right! Seriously though, I am not sure about purchasing immediately.
Yeah I'll probably force myself to wait a month or two -- hoping for the prices to start coming down a bit from MSRP... But no longer than that, 'cause I'll need a new car by end of summer

Wizerud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mini Clubman S All4
Yeah I'll probably force myself to wait a month or two -- hoping for the prices to start coming down a bit from MSRP... But no longer than that, 'cause I'll need a new car by end of summer
I'm sure there won't be too much difficulty in getting 500-750 off of msrp right off the bat. They may be scarce initially but the dealers know that won't last long.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
I'm sure there won't be too much difficulty in getting 500-750 off of msrp right off the bat. They may be scarce initially but the dealers know that won't last long.
I think you're right. We might start seeing some leeway by August. Definitely by end of year.

TheRealWizzy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe / 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix
Country flag
I think you're right. We might start seeing some leeway by August. Definitely by end of year.
I'm just hoping to get one for MSRP as quickly as possible, because my transmission in my car is on the way out. Hoping that the lack of SI drivers in the area will help me out.

Wizerud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mini Clubman S All4
I'm just hoping to get one for MSRP as quickly as possible, because my transmission in my car is on the way out. Hoping that the lack of SI drivers in the area will help me out.
Don't settle for msrp, you can do better. Even in our one dealership town you could do better! :)

About an hour after my previous post my Honda dealer emailed me to let me know that they were expecting their Si's in a week or two. They said they were expecting one or two of each color. I asked them how much they'd knock off msrp even though we don't know that value yet. I await their response!

Last edited:

Browncoat3000

Red 5 standing by
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My only hope, a fading one though, is that the Si falls under the #4 category and will have the spare:

upload_2017-5-8_15-15-44.png

If it doesn't... and there's no easy way to put one in... that might be a deal breaker. I don't want to get stranded and call AAA with a flat just because they wanted to shed a few extra pounds of weight. That should have been at least an option!
Well as all new Honda's come with roadside assistance you won't need to call AAA at least.

How do they stay in business?

TheRealWizzy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe / 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix
Country flag
Don't settle for msrp, you can do better. Even in our one dealership town you could do better! :)

About an hour after my previous post my Honda dealer emailed me to let me know that they were expecting their Si's in a week or two. They said they were expecting one or two of each color. I asked them how much they'd knock off msrp even though we don't know that value yet. I await their response!
I plan on trying for better but if have to I'll pay msrp to get it sooner rather than later.

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan MSM
Country flag
I'm not optimistic my dealer will do much better than MSRP so the plan is to make some back on accessories. Between all weather floor mats, trunk tray and hooks, paint sealant and underbody spoilers, etc there should be plenty of wiggle room to make everyone happy.

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
Country flag
Which is quite good on the GTI. But you'll have to pay for it ($35K MSRP, to be exact).
To quote our friend Pukemon, "What you talking about Willis?" lol... Even the base GTI has the "individual mode". You don't get DCC unless you spend $35K for the Autobahn, but you can adjust all the other systems (steering, throttle, etc) independently on all models. From what I heard, the SI's dynamic suspension is an older sucky design so probably better to option it out if Honda allows it. Does the CTR has an "individual mode"? Prob not. Honda's electronics/software is always one step behind the Deutsch.

The 2018 WRX is in transit to dealers now, but only the base though. I'm still waiting for reviews of the SI to finally decide SI, WRX, FoST, or GTI. If the SI can get close to the GTI performance, then I might get the SI, but I'm not hopeful. I like everything about this SI, but the performance on paper.

Last edited:

omigulay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport hatchback
To quote our friend Pukemon, "What you talking about Willis?" lol... Even the base GTI has the "individual mode". You don't get DCC unless you spend $35K for the Autobahn, but you can adjust all the other systems (steering, throttle, etc) independently on all models. From what I heard, the SI's dynamic suspension is an older sucky design so probably better to option it out if Honda allows it. Does the CTR has an "individual mode"? Prob not. Honda's electronics/software is always one step behind the Deutsch.

The 2018 WRX is in transit to dealers now, but only the base though. I'm still waiting for reviews of the SI to finally decide SI, WRX, FoST, or GTI. If the SI can get close to the GTI performance, then I might get the SI, but I'm not hopeful. I like everything about this SI, but the performance on paper.
There's no way that the SI is even close to GTI in performance in stock form. Maybe with hondata or ktuner but then GTI can also have a chip chip from Burger Tuning or ARP...

firsthonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
g6
Maybe the 18 si will have an auto for us dummies who like not shifting ha. Or just drop the I and call it s