Civic Lx radio swap

Willieboy32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Lx
Hello my name is Will and it's my first time here/posting on great webpage. Ok so I just bought a 2016 Honda Civic Lx with the manual and love the car, but stock radio is fine but I like the touch screen one so I was able to get my hands on one of the 7inches install was quick and easy 30mins top only thing is for the antenna clip in the back I cant connect it to the touchscreen radio would need like a adaptor or something like that to get access to fm/Am radio other than that it works perfect till today in the morning dead screen as I turned my car can anyone help or have advice love the touch radio than the stock but wouldn't mind have the stock back one (1st picture is stock radio from behind)
Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Lx radio swap ima
2nd is the civic Lx antenna cable)
3rd is the Hd touch screen radio which I would need a adaptor of some sort to pull up radio stations on the new radio
hope the pictures help to explain it better..

OP
OP
Willieboy32

Willieboy32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Lx

ichii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe and 2011 CR-Z
Country flag
Ok sounds great that's for the reply I'll look into it and any chance you know about the touch screen radio going black since I swapped a radio from the touring to the base Lx?
I'm not sure if I can answer the black screen if it turned on before, but stopped. Just hope you didn't short anything. Maybe blown fuse?

OP
OP
Willieboy32

Willieboy32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Lx
No I check the fuse box and it's all fine and I even connect the stock radio back and it all work good and perfect so I'm guess the had radio probably locked itself up or something Need to find how to restart it or hard rest to factory setting sins the screen or buttons won't come on:drive:

2016TouringSLC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Thanks for the photos.

One, can you identify if one of the outputs on the back is a digital SPDIF (optical) audio output?

Two, can you explain or post photos as to how best to remove the console parts surrounding the touchpad? I've tried to separate the section right next to the shift knob, but can't get it to budge or separate, and I am worried about permanent damage.

I really want to get this system connected to a separate amp and audio processor.

Thanks.

2016TouringSLC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
it works perfect till today in the morning dead screen as I turned my car.
I've had this happen on my Touring. I had to disconnect battery for a few minutes and that solved the problem.

The touch screen "Infotainment System" is the buggiest damn thing I've ever seen in a major consumer product.

OP
OP
Willieboy32

Willieboy32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Lx
Thanks for the photos.

One, can you identify if one of the outputs on the back is a digital SPDIF (optical) audio output?

Two, can you explain or post photos as to how best to remove the console parts surrounding the touchpad? I've tried to separate the section right next to the shift knob, but can't get it to budge or separate, and I am worried about permanent damage.

I really want to get this system connected to a separate amp and audio processor.

Thanks.
Yes no problem I'll be taking it all apart Saturday morning again and I'll take pictures and explain how to remove it all to access radio and climate control :wave:

OP
OP
Willieboy32

Willieboy32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Lx
I've had this happen on my Touring. I had to disconnect battery for a few minutes and that solved the problem.

The touch screen "Infotainment System" is the buggiest damn thing I've ever seen in a major consumer product.
Yes I tried that but didn't work I think because I have the base Lx model manual I don't think it would work lol if you have any info or tips I would appreciate to hear some lol

MiggzCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic 2016
Country flag
Just bought an OEM touchscreen 7inch radio from an EX civic. Just wondering would everything work on my LX model if installed professionally. Love my civic but I feel like every 2016 deserves a touchscreen. Any feedback back on the swap would be appreciated.

rvm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016 LX
Just bought an OEM touchscreen 7inch radio from an EX civic. Just wondering would everything work on my LX model if installed professionally. Love my civic but I feel like every 2016 deserves a touchscreen. Any feedback back on the swap would be appreciated.
I think yes, in my country all lx come with touchscreen and rear camera.

OP
OP
Willieboy32

Willieboy32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Lx
For swaping the radios 5in to the bigger 7in really doesn't need any professional install it's plug and play only problem that I encounter was the radio antenna you will need like a adaptor or something like that to get radio access to the new radio deck as you can see from the pictures in the earlier message the antenna plug is different from the base radio to the bigger touch screen radio.

GaryBusey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
If you guys don't mind me asking where did you get your OEM 7" radios and how much did they cost?

Last edited:

wristbrike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic (LX)
Hey guys just wondering if everything on the radio functioned properly once you switched it out??? Did the screen come on eventually?

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag
FYI, an adapter for the antenna won't work because the touchscreen radio does not have a radio tuner inside it. It is a separate module that's mounted in the panel behind the right rear passenger's shoulder belt. That module does the radio tuning and sends a digital signal over an SPDIF cable to the headunit. So you'd have to buy those parts to make the radio work in an LX.
Sponsored

Last edited: