Civic Hatchback RS Badge

kestrel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring SGP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Does anyone know where to get the Civic Hatchback RS emblem used in the Australian and Thai markets? I've found some on eBay - but I'm not sure if they conform to the curve of the hatchback.
Sponsored

larontheaaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX Civic Hatch
Country flag
Does anyone know where to get the Civic Hatchback RS emblem used in the Australian and Thai markets? I've found some on eBay - but I'm not sure if they conform to the curve of the hatchback.
Hey there, I ordered one ebay and the one I ordered at least did not conform to the curve - had to use a heat gun to bend it slightly. Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Hatchback RS Badge rsz_img_0235

OP
OP
kestrel

kestrel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey there, I ordered one ebay and the one I ordered at least did not conform to the curve - had to use a heat gun to bend it slightly. rsz_img_0235.jpg
Was there any paricular technique used to bend the emblem after heating it?

L8apex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SGP Sport
Country flag
I have an extra one if you like.I ordered 2 from 2 different vendors on ebay and I just kept the one that got here sooner. Both are OEM and identical, and flat. I actually didn't heat it up with a heat gun. I just sat the emblem on my warm engine to soften the adhesive for better stick, on top of the Earth Dreams label actually. Just for a few minutes while I prepped and measured the location on the hatch.

When I applied the emblem, I applied pressure to it around the curve (not too much, the panel you're placing it on is also plastic) for at least a minute. After that, I taped it down to the surface, and left it for a few hours. It's only been a few days but it's holding strong.

OP
OP
kestrel

kestrel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have an extra one if you like.I ordered 2 from 2 different vendors on ebay and I just kept the one that got here sooner. Both are OEM and identical, and flat. I actually didn't heat it up with a heat gun. I just sat the emblem on my warm engine to soften the adhesive for better stick, on top of the Earth Dreams label actually. Just for a few minutes while I prepped and measured the location on the hatch.

When I applied the emblem, I applied pressure to it around the curve (not too much, the panel you're placing it on is also plastic) for at least a minute. After that, I taped it down to the surface, and left it for a few hours. It's only been a few days but it's holding strong.
Is this the right one? Thank you for your offer but I ordered that one already. I'll keep that in mind when installing mine!

L8apex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SGP Sport
Country flag
Is this the right one? Thank you for your offer but I ordered that one already. I'll keep that in mind when installing mine!
That looks like the right one. TBH I don't know what the correct part# is according to the Thailand/Australian model. The same emblem is on the Fit so the part numbers may be interchangeable. I'd like to think the Honda label makes it genuine, but I've also seen fakes in Honda packaging.

The two emblems that I got were different part numbers, same part, and one had the extra long backing film on the adhesive, the other backing film was the exact outline of the emblem.

jcivics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag