CIVIC EX 2016 - Audio Upgrade Questions

LordAztral

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Zapopan
Country flag
I have a Civic EX 2016. It has the audio system of an LX (no touchscreen and 4 speakers)and i wanna upgrade it to the tocuhscreen and android auto version. Is it simple as an plug and play? I attached the audio system that i have! thanks in advanced

Honda Civic 10th gen CIVIC EX 2016 - Audio Upgrade Questions ag_16civic_lx_stereo.JPG
Sponsored

Farah487

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Accord
Vehicle Showcase
Take the vehicle back to the dealership and get either the EX-T or Touring model.

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
I have a Civic EX 2016. It has the audio system of an LX (no touchscreen and 4 speakers)and i wanna upgrade it to the tocuhscreen and android auto version. Is it simple as an plug and play? I attached the audio system that i have! thanks in advanced

ag_16civic_lx_stereo.JPG
Probably cost you $2000+ to convert to the EXT and above infotainment. Shoulda got the EXT..

OP
OP

LordAztral

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Zapopan
Country flag
Probably cost you $2000+ to convert to the EXT and above infotainment. Shoulda got the EXT..
The thing is that i live in Mexico and we only have three versions of the civic we dont have the LX. The EX comes with the basic audio system. I wanna upgrade it to the one with android studio. http://www.honda.mx/autos/civic/

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag
Only one person on here has posted about making the swap so far, and he said it worked for a short time then stopped powering on. He never posted any updates after that so not sure what happened

IMO you're better off to buy an aftermarket radio that has Android Auto instead. Cheaper and guaranteed to work.

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag

ag_16civic_lx_stereo.JPG
I have the same system in my Sport. The local shop quoted me $1000 to install a 7" Kenwood deck with Carplay/AA, including steering wheel controls and backup camera. I'd want to add tweeters and maybe upgrade the door speakers as well. Not sure it's all worth it.

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
I have the same system in my Sport. The local shop quoted me $1000 to install a 7" Kenwood deck with Carplay/AA, including steering wheel controls and backup camera. I'd want to add tweeters and maybe upgrade the door speakers as well. Not sure it's all worth it.
That's actually not a bad deal if it's a reputable shop and not running out of someone's shed.

It leaves you fully open to future upgrades, and you're keeping integration with the car, which a lot of people will lose when installing aftermarket decks.

If you can afford it, I'd say go for that one.

Ryude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
I have an EX-T. Honestly I wish I had the LX radio. Way easier to get aftermarket receiver. I changed the front speakers and it sounds way better.

I would just go aftermarket.

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
That's actually not a bad deal if it's a reputable shop and not running out of someone's shed.

It leaves you fully open to future upgrades, and you're keeping integration with the car, which a lot of people will lose when installing aftermarket decks.

If you can afford it, I'd say go for that one.
Thanks, yeah, it's I think a reputable shop, and they use all the parts the forums seem to recommend.

If they add Waze to Carplay I'll definitely do it, but right now I just use Waze so wouldn't use the Apple Maps option much.

CarNutAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Go aftermarket. You'll get way better stuff than anything Honda makes.
Sponsored