OP
OP
AndreaCristiano

AndreaCristiano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze 2LT RS
Well since taking another look at the color grid, with the BNP only available with the Ivory interior, that combo won't work for me. Guess my front runners now are Modern Steel, Lunar Silver and maybe Cosmic Blue (have to see that one).
I will make my final decision after theyre on the lots but right now its the red, two blues and depending on if i go Si or touring, maybe some Si exclusive color
Sponsored

G26okie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Accord EX-L V6 Sedan
I will make my final decision after theyre on the lots but right now its the red, two blues and depending on if i go Si or touring, maybe some Si exclusive color
I will admit, the red looks good, especially with the chrome accents on the touring. But, red fades the quickest, and after having my taffeta white, I will never own another non-metallic color. I remember reading somewhere that metallic colors have an extra gel/clear coat layer vs the non-metallic, and with this Florida Sun, I need all the protection I can get.

firsthonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
g6
I will admit, the red looks good, especially with the chrome accents on the touring. But, red fades the quickest, and after having my taffeta white, I will never own another non-metallic color. I remember reading somewhere that metallic colors have an extra gel/clear coat layer vs the non-metallic, and with this Florida Sun, I need all the protection I can get.
So my first color choice is red. I didn't realize red fades the fastest. Even with waxing? Also any one own a modern steel color? How are they for keeping clean heat etc? Are they almost as hot as a black car?

Arcoril

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
991 C2S, AP2 S2000
Country flag
It's anecdotal, but I've got a New Formula Red S2000 from 2006 and it hasn't faded a bit. Comparing the pant in the door jamb to the paint on the fender shows no difference. It spends a fair amount of time outside but it is garaged about half the time.

I see a lot of older faded red cars, but they all look to either have clearcoat failure or single-stage paint. I think that modern clearcoats have come a long, long way in durability and protection.

mjones5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Pilot, 2004 Honda CRV, 2006 Honda Civic
I really like white cars, but my favorite interior is gray, black is second. I dislike Ivory interior. That leaves Steel Metallic and White. Can't wait to see the Cosmic blue. I love the blue/green Pilot color with gray interior and wish that was offered on the Civic. But the more real life photos I see the more I like the lines on the Civic so will just have to wait......and wait.....and wait.....lol I am more excited about the new Civic that the last year I believed in Santa Claus

firsthonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
g6
I really like white cars, but my favorite interior is gray, black is second. I dislike Ivory interior. That leaves Steel Metallic and White. Can't wait to see the Cosmic blue. I love the blue/green Pilot color with gray interior and wish that was offered on the Civic. But the more real life photos I see the more I like the lines on the Civic so will just have to wait......and wait.....and wait.....lol I am more excited about the new Civic that the last year I believed in Santa Claus
Ha. This waiting Is getting out of control isn't it?

firsthonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
g6
ok so is this color non existent!? i really really want this color for my 2016 civic, any help please!!!!!
cosmic blue. its coming. They are just being slloooowwww with information and pictures like everything else

CdnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2O16 Civic Touring 'WOP', 2016 HRV EXL w/nav. 'Milano Red'
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So my first color choice is red. I didn't realize red fades the fastest. Even with waxing? Also any one own a modern steel color? How are they for keeping clean heat etc? Are they almost as hot as a black car?
Our Pilot is Modern Steel. Their great for keeping clean. After 7 years ours still looks rich. Don't find it overly hot, then again we don't get over 90 too often.

firsthonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
g6
Our Pilot is Modern Steel. Their great for keeping clean. After 7 years ours still looks rich. Don't find it overly hot, then again we don't get over 90 too often.
Thanks. I have black now and it can be sizzling in the summer. Literally cook an egg on it ha.

mjones5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
according to another post the Cosmic Blue Metallic with gray interior touring is one of the fist touring to be made. Anyone yet have photos of this color ?

mjones5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think if the above photos are close I will want the Cosmic Blue / gray interior for sure. Modern Steel Metallic would be second. I hope tomorrow I can look at a brochure but I know I will get to sit in and see the 2016 Civic in person !!

mjones5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just looked at Honda's page for the Civic which says coming this month, and the color showing looks like what could be Cosmic Blue