Civic 1.5t vs. NISMO Sentra??

hawk02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Anyone drive a Sentra NISMO yet? To compare to their Civic 1.5t.....
Sponsored

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Don't let that breakneck 0-60 time of 7.1 get you.

xcoreflyup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport (Traded in), 2022 BIG PRIUS
Country flag
Even the Nismo version has a torsion beam rear, I will stay with the civic.

OP
OP
hawk02

hawk02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Not looking for a race car(I have a civic, LOL) Want to see ride quality, handling and overall build quality as my 17 Sport HB was put together with aluminum foil, tin cans and carpeting from a YUGO, actually a YUGO had better quality carpeting.......yeah it's an economy car but that's no excuse for this poor quality.

Stock_07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
Driven one about two months ago. I like the gauge cluster better then civic and although its got torsion beam in the back it handles great. Cvt is great and so is the manual. Some reports said that its on the stiff side but I didn't notice much difference between it and my 16lx. Seats are super nice and the bose sounds better the even the premium system that comes on the touring. Only thing the lacks is the screen. It works great, isn't buggy but resolution is just ok. No automatic climate but that is something that doesn't bother me. Good overall car and styling wise nicer then Si to me.

OP
OP
hawk02

hawk02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Well just went to see it, not enough time for a test drive(they were closing in 10 minutes) and I love it, inside, outside, all of it. If I like the test drive and they can make the numbers work the Civic will be going.

OP
OP
hawk02

hawk02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
If this was around when I got my Sport HB I would have got it then.........at least by looks and a quality interior....live and learn once again.

CivicXI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T, Civic EX HB
Country flag
0-60 times start to get a bit old.

The other day I was cruising down I95 at, lets just say ridiculous speeds, along with a camry and a mustang for about 10 minutes and getting ridiculous gas mileage. Most people aren't dumb enough to stay at 100 for more than a few seconds at a time. Not sure what good having the 400hp in the 5.0 was. I mean, ok sure you can nail it on an on-ramp and then what, have to slam on the brakes again in 5 seconds?

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
0-60 times start to get a bit old.

The other day I was cruising down I95 at, lets just say ridiculous speeds, along with a camry and a mustang for about 10 minutes and getting ridiculous gas mileage. Most people aren't dumb enough to stay at 100 for more than a few seconds at a time. Not sure what good having the 400hp in the 5.0 was. I mean, ok sure you can nail it on an on-ramp and then what, have to slam on the brakes again in 5 seconds?
I guess the point I was trying to make, is why would you get a Nismo over an Si when it's .8 slower than an Si.

OP
OP
hawk02

hawk02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
I guess the point I was trying to make, is why would you get a Nismo over an Si when it's .8 slower than an Si.
Because theres more to a car than just a 0-60 time......smh, will not get another Honda when this one is gone, bad taste left with me.

Stock_07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
Because theres more to a car than just a 0-60 time......smh, will not get another Honda when this one is gone, bad taste left with me.
I would take the nismo over a hatch or Si for sure. In Canada at the moment you get 3500 off msrp, not bad.
Sponsored