Civic 1.5T M/T vs Ford Mustand Ecoboost A/T - Autobahn Acceleration Comparison

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ridgeline RTL-E (Thanks to the CTR markups)
Country flag
Is this a good definition of blasphemy ?

Please don't show this to a mustang fan or it will break their heart.

Sponsored

zx2down

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Altima 2.5 S
EDIT: Actually forget everything I said, there is clearly a point when the mustang hits 238 then slows dawn to 220, then back down again into the teens. This test is useless. The mustang also does more lane changes in the first test.

When you get up that high aerodynamics weight and gearing are playing much larger roles than just your typical red light run. The Civic is probably assisted by the extra "gearing ratios" in the CVT vs the 6spd auto in the Mustang. Also, the number of lane changes affect the times also. I didn't count them but any time changing lanes and not going perfectly straight will result in a longer time.

Also, the top end on the 2.3Ecoboost sucks hard without a tune, so if he was bothering to let all the gears wind out and (not sure if the Mustang auto has paddle shifters) then he may have also been wasting time.

Not saying this isn't repeatable, just not the best quality test.

Last edited:

Stock_07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
EDIT: Actually forget everything I said, there is clearly a point when the mustang hits 238 then slows dawn to 220, then back down again into the teens. This test is useless. The mustang also does more lane changes in the first test.

When you get up that high aerodynamics weight and gearing are playing much larger roles than just your typical red light run. The Civic is probably assisted by the extra "gearing ratios" in the CVT vs the 6spd auto in the Mustang. Also, the number of lane changes affect the times also. I didn't count them but any time changing lanes and not going perfectly straight will result in a longer time.

Also, the top end on the 2.3Ecoboost sucks hard without a tune, so if he was bothering to let all the gears wind out and (not sure if the Mustang auto has paddle shifters) then he may have also been wasting time.

Not saying this isn't repeatable, just not the best quality test.
Actually the civic is manual and mustang auto. Very impressive on the civic's behalf considering the civic is a taller car as well.

zx2down

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Altima 2.5 S
Actually the civic is manual and mustang auto. Very impressive on the civic's behalf considering the civic is a taller car as well.
Taller doesn't mean it's less aerodynamic. Ive been trying to find drag numbers for both cars but I can't. Just that the 2015 mustangs were reduced by 4% and the Civics was reduced by 12%. Remember the Mustangs front is rather blunt.

pukemon

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 DBP Civic SI
wow, i didn't know what to expect from the video but after seeing it i would've expected the civic to be about the same maybe a hair faster to 100km and the mustang faster to 200km. well done honda.

Stock_07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
Taller doesn't mean it's less aerodynamic. Ive been trying to find drag numbers for both cars but I can't. Just that the 2015 mustangs were reduced by 4% and the Civics was reduced by 12%. Remember the Mustangs front is rather blunt.
the hatch front end is blunt as well ;)

AmericanTypeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
As someone in the US who traded a 15 Ecoboost mustang in for my new hatch sport, I can guarantee that video is BS. Both stock and modified the mustang is a true gem. And 6.8 0-100km is bullshit. Best I ever did stock was 5.2 I was nearing 4.2 when I traded it. The thing was too damn scary for the wife and I.

grantsjc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Don't show this to any Honda owners who are under delusion that ecoboost turbo is slow. That 2.3 liter is a beast of a motor that can turn out so real hp tuned.

xcoreflyup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport (Traded in), 2022 BIG PRIUS
Country flag
the mustang is convertible? Stock to stock.. civic - 3000lbs vs mustang 3700lbs. figures

kritz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17Civic SI sedan
^^ That is slow :p

grantsjc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
yeah I didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings by posting the ones of ecoboost street cars doing low 9s

kritz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17Civic SI sedan
That must piss off the V-8 guys. They leave nice and smooth, no drama:thumbsup:

Last edited:

xcoreflyup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport (Traded in), 2022 BIG PRIUS
Country flag
Just get a used tesla and gut it.....it is getting too easy.

kritz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17Civic SI sedan
Just get a used tesla and gut it.....it is getting too easy.
Motor Trend ran 10.5 with a stock P100D.:eek: There's a gutted one with slicks on YouTube $#^&@# racing making a killing.
Sponsored