Christened...

drauma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic LX (6MT), 03 Civic LX (5MT-gone)
Country flag
So I was on the 401 this morning and ran over a blown truck tire. Pics to follow, but my question is are there any aftermarket body parts out yet? My bumper will need to be replaced, new rad, block heater plug, and that's what I noticed so far...

I'm in the GTA if it helps. Thanks

Honda Civic 10th gen Christened... 20160603_062824

Honda Civic 10th gen Christened... 20160603_063548

Last edited:

Dan198

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 BMW 335 xDrive, 2010 Audi Q5, 2014 Porsche Boxster S, 2016 Civic EX
Country flag
So I was on the 401 this morning and ran over a blown truck tire. Pics to follow, but my question is are there any aftermarket body parts out yet? My bumper will need to be replaced, new rad, block heater plug, and that's what I noticed so far...

I'm in the GTA if it helps. Thanks

20160603_062824.jpg

20160603_063548.jpg
Sorry to hear this. Did you take a pic of the tire and note the location? Perhaps you can get the city to pay?

OP
OP
drauma

drauma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
City will only pay in the event of a municipal-related issue. Potholes, etc. Road debris is on the motorist "to avoid". I just dropped it off to my Honda body shop for an estimate. It'll be tricky for parts since it's a first gen car. Not much of an aftermarket yet.

I spoke to both a police office friend and a friend in the insurance industry. I have a couple of ways to play this. My guess is since I'm getting too old for drama I'll play it straight-up. I don't want to play with insurance fraud, and I don't want to have a premium increase. The body shop guy is a veteran, and he'll give me some 'legit' options after he looks it over. I'll wait and see what he says.

From the quick look on Friday:

- belly pan
- radiator
- condenser
- bumper

And all that goes with that. I'm hoping not too much more damage.

Dan198

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
That hurts. Hope it works out for you.

Rush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe EXT
Country flag
Was the tire stationary or in motion, such as deflected from another vehicle? If it was stationary it will be a collision claim, probably higher deductible and preminum increase. If it was moving it would be a comprehensive claim, lower deductible and less impact if any on preminum.

OP
OP
drauma

drauma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Went the honest route with the claim, yes. It was stationery. Estimate came up to over $4600. Insurance company confirmed 100% at fault. Premium will go up.

Messed up situation. Changed lanes to pass a tractor trailer and there it was. Too late to react in my case. I had a good run. 17 years of car ownership with nothing.

Just really sucks. Too bad it didn't happen with my '03 before I signed it away...

Dan198

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Went the honest route with the claim, yes. It was stationery. Estimate came up to over $4600. Insurance company confirmed 100% at fault. Premium will go up.

Messed up situation. Changed lanes to pass a tractor trailer and there it was. Too late to react in my case. I had a good run. 17 years of car ownership with nothing.

Just really sucks. Too bad it didn't happen with my '03 before I signed it away...
Sorry to hear this. Does your insurance not have the rider where they forgive the first at fault accident? This would mean your premiums will not go up based on this claim.

Rush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe EXT
Country flag

That's too bad. Can happen to any of us. Always worse with a new car. ☹

OP
OP
drauma

drauma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Sorry to hear this. Does your insurance not have the rider where they forgive the first at fault accident? This would mean your premiums will not go up based on this claim.
Yeah, that accident forgiveness... used up already lol

I was freaked out, but it's true. Could have been a lot worse. I just want my car back. Still at the shop. I made it all worse because I didn't get around to updating my policy to reflect the new car...

Since it's in, I may ask about blacking out that chrome grille lol

OP
OP
drauma

drauma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
UPDATE!

Honda already did a change to the lower radiator air dam. The original sits low and scrapes going up and down curbs. This one is more flush to the bumper. I'll try to take a pic this weekend.

Razro95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Hond Civic Touring
New Years Night.....Someone backed up into my car:bat:It took over 3 weeks to get it back and costed 5500 through my insurance:banghead: I luckily didn't have to pay anything cause I had 0% fault. To this day I still think that he was drunk.:doh:

Honda Civic 10th gen Christened... 15781813_1658071437820186_8864723342878233380_n
Sponsored