Cheaper Entry-Level 2018 Civic Type R variant coming?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TechSIguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R CW
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Give me a Type R with minus the Full LED headlights, Crazy bolstered seats, high performance tires, premium surround sound and I'm buying! Don't know how accurate this article is but I don't think i could do without the 7inch screen and the rear wing.

Edit. Oh and no damn NAV

Last edited:

agentbilly

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R, 2015 Honda Fit, 2014 Victory Judge, 2000 Toyota Camry
Maybe release a SI Type R, and just put the detuned 2.0T that the accord uses. That way you can reduce a lot of the price, and give a good bed for tuners to use.

ronmcdon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FiestaST, 19 Si, Camaro Z1LE, EvoX, 98 240sx
Country flag
It all depends what they take out and what are the savings.

Im surprised so many of you would be willing to forfeit the seats, as ive always thought it was a luxury to have well bolstered seats from the factory and not have to pay $3k or whatever for a set of aftermarket recaros,

I think the ctr is a good value. as is, given what you get for a very reasonable 35k. I dont think its too bloated with options and the car seems well set up from the factory for track days, if thats your thing.

The best possible value would entail just having enough patience to wait out the adm, or resourcefulness to find a good deal now. Like some others have mentioned, i dont have much sympathy for those didnt wish to wait for whatever reason and got frustrated.

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EF9 DC2 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think we're over thinking this...

FK8G3 = Canadian VIN
FK8G7 = US VIN

The US CTR is a Touring trim. Is the Canadian model also considered a Touring trim?
It's not a touring trim in Canada, it's just a Type R. It actually has more options than the USDM with blinkers on the mirrors with lanewatch system and the wireless charging pad included.

Last edited:

Aero2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TSX, 2010, 6MT
Country flag
What if we got it all wrong and the next trim is not a lower one, but a higher one. Honda will call it the Grand Touring and include all the missing safety features that are available elsewhere.
Seems possible to me. Maybe it's both, with a decontented hard-core version of the current CTR more for track use (no nav, minimal stereo, less sound deadening), and a higher "GT" trim with Sensing, moonroof, maybe 18" or 19" wheels, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.