CarPlay question

xyz89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic ex-t 6MT
Hey everyone, I recently bought a 2017 Civic EX-T MT. I am curious to see if anyone is able to see turn by turn directions (right/left, approximate feet before turn) in the instrument cluster while using Apple Maps. When I first purchased the car it showed up there and now it doesn't. There aren't any settings for it in the iPhone or radio. I called Honda and they told me the car doesn't support it and it must have been a glitch. (I think the guy was just to lazy to figure it out)

Anyone else encounter this issue?
Sponsored

Last edited:

crimson-civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BNP 2017 Civic Sedan EX-T
Country flag
I haven't run into this issue. It's not CarPlay, but I use Android Auto with Google Maps and the turn-by-turn/distance to turn info does show up on my instrument cluster just fine. Have you tried rebooting the head unit? I find periodically rebooting it clears out any bugs I experience with connectivity to my phone.

OP
OP
xyz89

xyz89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic ex-t 6MT
I haven't run into this issue. It's not CarPlay, but I use Android Auto with Google Maps and the turn-by-turn/distance to turn info does show up on my instrument cluster just fine. Have you tried rebooting the head unit? I find periodically rebooting it clears out any bugs I experience with connectivity to my phone.
Yes I rebooted it and tried another iPhone. I have an android too, I might give that a shot and see if that works. Might even try to reset the radio tomorrow.

WhyMe212

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2017

Will they show up on non-turbo cars? I mean the Directions on the instrument cluster

crimson-civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BNP 2017 Civic Sedan EX-T
Country flag
Yes I rebooted it and tried another iPhone. I have an android too, I might give that a shot and see if that works. Might even try to reset the radio tomorrow.
Will they show up on non-turbo cars? I mean the Directions on the instrument cluster

Another thing to consider is that at least for Android Auto, the turn-by turn directions isn't a persistant display on the instrument dash. It's a pop up that will show up just before you need to turn, say within 500 - 1000ft of your next turn.

As for non-turbo models, I don't know about the UAE models, but in the US I believe as long as you have the 7" touchscreen head unit, the accompanying instrument cluster would be capable of it. The base model's instrument cluster and head unit for the US market are different and won't support Android Auto/Carplay, and hence no turn-by-turn display. The base model's head unit has a 5" non-touchscreen display with physical radio dials.

WhyMe212

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2017
Another thing to consider is that at least for Android Auto, the turn-by turn directions isn't a persistant display on the instrument dash. It's a pop up that will show up just before you need to turn, say within 500 - 1000ft of your next turn.

As for non-turbo models, I don't know about the UAE models, but in the US I believe as long as you have the 7" touchscreen head unit, the accompanying instrument cluster would be capable of it. The base model's instrument cluster and head unit for the US market are different and won't support Android Auto/Carplay, and hence no turn-by-turn display. The base model's head unit has a 5" non-touchscreen display with physical radio dials.

Thanks man! I hope the UAE models have them

ResortCasual

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Hey everyone, I recently bought a 2017 Civic EX-T MT. I am curious to see if anyone is able to see turn by turn directions (right/left, approximate feet before turn) in the instrument cluster while using Apple Maps. When I first purchased the car it showed up there and now it doesn't. There aren't any settings for it in the iPhone or radio. I called Honda and they told me the car doesn't support it and it must have been a glitch. (I think the guy was just to lazy to figure it out)

I don't think this is supported yet...at least on the 2016 models and I assume the 2017 models too

The directions show up if you have the built-in navigation but at least in my 2016 Touring the directions when using CarPlay only show up on the headunit. This would likely require a firmware update from Honda to work.

RC

Last edited:

stayninja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag

I've had my car for over a year ( '16 EX-T) and it has never shown the directions on the dash. It is not a feature that the car has. IDK what you think you saw...

WhyMe212

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2017
I've had my car for over a year ( '16 EX-T) and it has never shown the directions on the dash. It is not a feature that the car has. IDK what you think you saw...
He said he has the 2017 model, so maybe it's a 2017 thing?

OP
OP
xyz89

xyz89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic ex-t 6MT
Well thanks for everyone's input. I guess it might have just been a weird glitch.

BobbyG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sedan EX-T 6MT WOP
Country flag
Saw your thread and put Apple Maps to use this afternoon. Worked well. No issues.

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accord ex-l sedan, 2016 accord sport sedan, 2006 civic type r (in spain) and 2017 civic sedan ex-t w/manual transmission
Country flag

100% my car tells me what to do next on my 17 ex-t manual on my instrument panel..

Lodgek03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
Holy shit i have a 17 ext sedan as well and it used to show up on mine and today when i used it on android auto it wasnt showing directions for last 500 ft or anything for that matter on the dash unit.... i was thinking it was a setting if it aint im prolly gonna head to the dealer let me know if you all figure anything out
Sponsored