1990 Honda Prelude SI
I got quoted around 800 a year full coverage up to 300k liability
Sponsored

typerfanboy282

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volkswagen Jetta Mark VI
Has anyone checked insurance yet, someone just quoted me 559 monthly for 12 months which is over 6k a year , anyone else get anything crazy like that or know of a good insurance company , thanks

GSquared

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R (SGP), 2017 Civic Type-R (PMM - SOLD), 2015 Civic Si (Sold), 2013 Si Turbo (Sold)
Country flag
Has anyone checked insurance yet, someone just quoted me 559 monthly for 12 months which is over 6k a year , anyone else get anything crazy like that or know of a good insurance company , thanks
I sure hope not... that's insane even for here.

Detailmylifeaway

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic type r , s2000 , delsol & soon to be a NSX
Country flag
I'm hoping my insurance is about the same as my STI , & that's about 80$ ish a month , not to bad

RatedR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Integra GS-R (sold). 2000 Integra Type R (sold). 2017 Civic Type R.
Country flag
Yeah that's what I was thinking , who was telling y'all it'll be around 100ish what company is the best for sports cars
I'm with AllState. Again, no listing for the R so they quoted me on a hatch touring. This won't be a daily driver for me and with all my other discounts it came to $51 a month.

Detailmylifeaway

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm with AllState. Again, no listing for the R so they quoted me on a hatch touring. This won't be a daily driver for me and with all my other discounts it came to $51 a month.
Dang that is low.. but I suppose if it's just for a normal civic touring model mine could possibly be that low

RatedR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Dang that is low.. but I suppose if it's just for a normal civic touring model mine could possibly be that low
It's with a $1000 deduct. And Im old with a clean driving record. lol.

Detailmylifeaway

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It's with a $1000 deduct. And Im old with a clean driving record. lol.
lol I'm moving on up there in age as well. I think my deductible now is 350 or 500 , but if I changed it to 1000$ it would certainly lower things a good bit.

RatedR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
lol I'm moving on up there in age as well. I think my deductible now is 350 or 500 , but if I changed it to 1000$ it would certainly lower things a good bit.
Ya, a higher deduct lowers your premium greatly. If you listen to most savings analysts they'll say to have a $1000 if you can swing it. It lowers your premium and stops you from making small frivolous claims. And at the end of the day, how many times have you honestly had to claim something on your car insurance that was your fault? Something to think about.

Detailmylifeaway

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ya, a higher deduct lowers your premium greatly. If you listen to most savings analysts they'll say to have a $1000 if you can swing it. It lowers your premium and stops you from making small frivolous claims. And at the end of the day, how many times have you honestly had to claim something on your car insurance that was your fault? Something to think about.
You are 110 percent right !! I can't even remember the last time I had to use my insurance lol. I will most definitely be moving to a 1000$ deductible once I switch it over to my CTR

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
No bins in system. My insurance agent who uses 6 different companies can't get a quote. I gave then a VIN from the window stickers and still nothing. His daughter has a 17 sport touring. She's 21 perfect driving record her insurance is right at 1000 for year. He said with it limited ... parts blah blah if accident. Rate of theft .. to expect about 300 on top of that for the r. But NO agent knows a quote till numbers go in system. With some claiming to get their car this week , i think they gonna be disapointed when they dont. If insurance compinies have nothing then the cars a bit off yet. Insurance companies know whats what when it comes to taking your money. And if they have no info...

typerfanboy282

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volkswagen Jetta Mark VI
So you think the 559 was just bs and I should go speak with an actual agent for insurance later ?

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
So you think the 559 was just bs and I should go speak with an actual agent for insurance later ?
I just know that all insurance agents right now are guessing. And I dont wanna put faith in a guess. If insurance turns out sky high. Lots people's dreams gonna be dashed. Won't be able to afford payments and insurance.
Sponsored