Car got Keyed by Co-Worker

koriw1.5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Car was keyed the other night. Suspected Co-Worker.

It went from this.....

Honda Civic 10th gen Car got Keyed by Co-Worker 20171015_122858

To this....

Honda Civic 10th gen Car got Keyed by Co-Worker 20171015_153711[1]

Take the good out of the bad, right?

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not a bad idea. Have any other photos of the coverup?

cypress

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Good job covering it up. Did you confront this person? That sucks.

cypress

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Good to know, I am interested to know what happens. That is tasteless for anyone to do, even worse a coworker.

OP
OP
koriw1.5

koriw1.5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I will update as the story develops. I was asked by HR to give a written statement as to why I suspect the coworker did it. I hate to have someone fired, but this was childish.

PS: I used Vinyl Black Out Tape and Vinyl Pinstripe both bought from Oriellys Auto Parts.
Also I mirrored the pinstripe design on the passenger side as well.

OP
OP
koriw1.5

koriw1.5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Update:
HR is a joke! Since there is no proof that the coworker did, the company has its hands tied. Basically turned into a "he said, she said" issue. I know it was him. I have no enemies. He is the only person in my 27 years of life to confront me at my own home. In my driveway. Coworker simply said he didn't key my car, and got away with it!
HR did tell me that whatever happens outside of work, stays outside of work. Well Halloween is on the horizon. Sure are a lot of fun things happening that night.....

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Update:
HR is a joke! Since there is no proof that the coworker did, the company has its hands tied. Basically turned into a "he said, she said" issue. I know it was him. I have no enemies. He is the only person in my 27 years of life to confront me at my own home. In my driveway. Coworker simply said he didn't key my car, and got away with it!
HR did tell me that whatever happens outside of work, stays outside of work. Well Halloween is on the horizon. Sure are a lot of fun things happening that night.....
Damn, that sucks. But HR is really only there to cover their own asses. Hopefully the police report follows through, 100% sure that's a misdemeanor.

cypress

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Update:
Has the workplace been tense or hostel since this happened or before? I know we all have bad days but for someone to take it on a vehicle or something like that is crazy. Just keep documeenting it since HR isn't doing anything aboutit.

alphabetzoop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not to be paranoid but now might be a good time to get a dashcam with an external battery and motion detection while the car is parked (relevant thread here).

That really sucks though. Hopefully it's the last time your coworker decides to be an asshat; but if it isn't, then at least next time you'll have him on video to give HR and the police something to chew on.