Car & Driver Long Term Update : 2016 Civic Touring

david91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Civic EX Sedan
Soo, pretty much holding up the general consensus on the car since day one? Car is great, infotainment and active safety is sometimes wonky.

OP
OP
NorthernEX-T

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
I agree, only real issue I have is with the Infotainment. The driving experience makes up for it, for now. All depends on if they can get the tech stuff right.

airgas1998

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' civic touring sedan
Country flag
and yet no mention of the grinding noise...shows how mechanically inclined these buffoons really are...and the naysayers of "maybe the grind never showed it's ugly head." bs I do think it's a great car, but the future dependability is greatly compromised imo by this.

Last edited:

OP
OP
NorthernEX-T

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
and yet no mention of the grinding noise...shows how mechanically inclined these buffoons really are...and the naysayers of "maybe the grind never showed it's ugly head." bs
I feel you..

airgas1998

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' civic touring sedan
Country flag
I've never had a grinding noise ('16 Civic Coupe, Touring - owned since April, 2016)
and you have listened for it in the past? my door needs to be open for me to hear it, and it has to be within a (30min to 3hr) period. anything outside of those parameters it will not reproduce the noise. also it never, never happens when cold started.

mno86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Rear deck was distorted on mine as well too and they replaced the whole shelf- no more rattle.

I am shocked with how common the green screen of death from the infotainment system and the rattle at start up is that no professional reviews have mentioned in yet!

OP
OP
NorthernEX-T

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Rear deck was distorted on mine as well too and they replaced the whole shelf- no more rattle.

I am shocked with how common the green screen of death from the infotainment system and the rattle at start up is that no professional reviews have mentioned in yet!
Yeah I'll admit that is certainly odd! My new screen works so much better all around. I'm actually happy finally with my car now.
Sponsored