Can't make phone calls

aram000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX=T
Country flag
I can use every feature using Android Auto and normal bluetooth, but for some reason, I can't make calls. Every time I try to place a call, the dialing screen shows up but with no sound. Same with incoming calls. I accept the call but can't hear anything/caller can't hear me. Tried rebooting my phone and car system to no avail. Has anyone else had this issue or knows how to fix this? Seems really annoying starting to have these problems less than 2 weeks having the car. Thanks for your input.
Sponsored

Maheenstar1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX
Country flag
What trim are you in? Are you sure your phone is connected with the car?

OP
OP

aram000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX=T
Country flag
What trim are you in? Are you sure your phone is connected with the car?
I'm in an EX-T and yes, the phone is connected. I can use every feature such as messages, maps, etc besides hear anything while calling.

Maheenstar1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX
Country flag
I'm in an EX-T and yes, the phone is connected. I can use every feature such as messages, maps, etc besides hear anything while calling.
Are you pressing the buttons from the steering wheel? Or from the phone?

Also what phone are you using?

OP
OP

aram000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX=T
Country flag
Are you pressing the buttons from the steering wheel? Or from the phone?

Also what phone are you using?
I've tried both with the same result, it places the call but I can't hear anything and the receiver can't hear anything. And I'm currently using a Moto X Pure 2014 Android 6.0

Maheenstar1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX
Country flag
I've tried both with the same result, it places the call but I can't hear anything and the receiver can't hear anything. And I'm currently using a Moto X Pure 2014 Android 6.0
Hmm... I'm not so sure what is happening.

I did hear that people are having problem with the new Marshmallow Update on android phone.

Visual0ne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
I'm having exactly the same issue. Maps, music, etc... everything works but calling. 2016 Honda Civic EX paired with a Motorola Nexus 6 running Android v. 6.0.1. Initially I though it was my Hangouts Dialer install confusing Android Auto with multiple dialing options. I deleted, restarted. Still no luck.

Visual0ne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
I'm having exactly the same issue. Maps, music, etc... everything works but calling. 2016 Honda Civic EX paired with a Motorola Nexus 6 running Android v. 6.0.1. Initially I though it was my Hangouts Dialer install confusing Android Auto with multiple dialing options. I deleted, restarted. Still no luck.
Removed Skype app and all is well. Apparently it was taking over the dialer also. Maybe this will help someone else.
Sponsored