[Canadians] Who put a deposit down for Type-R?

MrPink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
could be for montreal.... but why only Black and white, wouldn't they show off more colours in Montreal? since it'll be only black and white for Canada i would assume these would be for dealerships... who knows hehe maybe there are more hiding in the lot... trying to be optimistic hehe
Sponsored

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
could be for montreal.... but why only Black and white, wouldn't they show off more colours in Montreal? since it'll be only black and white for Canada i would assume these would be for dealerships... who knows hehe maybe there are more hiding in the lot... trying to be optimistic hehe
Maybe.. but it's black and white for Canada they have said, so I want to see 20+ before we should start jumping up and down..

generic_user

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MDX, TSX, CTR
So other than reading about the SI reviews in Bolton, let me know if this thinking makes any sense. Canada has 1/10th the population of the US. Based on this we probably would get 1/10th the allocation, roughly 300 units per year (i'm guessing), which is similar to the allocation of the Honda Accord Coupe HFP package. (200 per year). Based on Wikipedia's description of Honda Canada, there are approximately 210 dealerships across the country. That literally means one per dealership - would it make sense that the dealership in Melfort, SK (no offense here to SK, i'm visiting Regina for the day) would give up their allocation to Vancouver / Toronto / Montreal or because there are numerous dealerships in those areas that would account for the demand?

petem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be FK8.
It is past Victoria Day and the Senators are still playing hockey.
See, miracles do happen.
:D

Which is good because that means there's still a chance that one day Honda will announce the msrp for the CTR...

CivicNut1109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Civic Si Coupe
So other than reading about the SI reviews in Bolton, let me know if this thinking makes any sense. Canada has 1/10th the population of the US. Based on this we probably would get 1/10th the allocation, roughly 300 units per year (i'm guessing), which is similar to the allocation of the Honda Accord Coupe HFP package. (200 per year). Based on Wikipedia's description of Honda Canada, there are approximately 210 dealerships across the country. That literally means one per dealership - would it make sense that the dealership in Melfort, SK (no offense here to SK, i'm visiting Regina for the day) would give up their allocation to Vancouver / Toronto / Montreal or because there are numerous dealerships in those areas that would account for the demand?
Well here's the thing. I feel like we're getting more than 1-2 per dealer. I have dealers saying with fairly high confidence they are getting 2 in the initial shipment, with a few of the higher volume ones expecting up to 5. This is as per their sales reps.

The thing my dealer keeps stressing, after talking to his regional rep and other people at head office, is we need to remember Honda Canada and Honda US are for all purposes ENTIRELY separate companies. They don't have to follow the same rules/logic/etc.

I know already for instance that I don't think a single one of us is paying more than MSRP, unlike our poor american friends.

Crinkypops

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Well here's the thing. I feel like we're getting more than 1-2 per dealer. I have dealers saying with fairly high confidence they are getting 2 in the initial shipment, with a few of the higher volume ones expecting up to 5. This is as per their sales reps.

The thing my dealer keeps stressing, after talking to his regional rep and other people at head office, is we need to remember Honda Canada and Honda US are for all purposes ENTIRELY separate companies. They don't have to follow the same rules/logic/etc.

I know already for instance that I don't think a single one of us is paying more than MSRP, unlike our poor american friends.
My dealer specifically said that they're getting 4 and I am on lock for the first one to come. The only thing I do not know is if they're all coming at the same time (doubtful), but more like staggered release?

CivicNut1109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Civic Si Coupe
My dealer specifically said that they're getting 4 and I am on lock for the first one to come. The only thing I do not know is if they're all coming at the same time (doubtful), but more like staggered release?
I dunno, we might get a large chunk all at once simply because we aren't expected to get ours until July. Also I was told only the first 2-3 months of the release will be the 2017s, then 2018s start up. So it might not be that 4 arrive at the dealer same day, but spread over maybe 2 months?

MrPink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
I dunno, we might get a large chunk all at once simply because we aren't expected to get ours until July. Also I was told only the first 2-3 months of the release will be the 2017s, then 2018s start up. So it might not be that 4 arrive at the dealer same day, but spread over maybe 2 months?
hopefully that large chunk is VERY SOON!

pie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 R32 GTR, 2010 WRX STi, 2002 EP3 SiR
Haven't been posting lately, thankfully busy with other priorities to maintain my sanity.

Quick update: a friend at the dealership I have my deposit with has told me they're getting at least 2. Good news - I get a shot at owning the second one. Bad news - coin toss as to the colour. Haven't gotten an ETA yet, but I'm going to go hassle the sales guy in the near future. Looks like they're really getting rolling in the states, but no real info up here. Anyone have a lock on a vin or colour yet?

MrPink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
Haven't been posting lately, thankfully busy with other priorities to maintain my sanity.

Quick update: a friend at the dealership I have my deposit with has told me they're getting at least 2. Good news - I get a shot at owning the second one. Bad news - coin toss as to the colour. Haven't gotten an ETA yet, but I'm going to go hassle the sales guy in the near future. Looks like they're really getting rolling in the states, but no real info up here. Anyone have a lock on a vin or colour yet?
nope.... silence...

Vteclover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 civic si
Country flag
nope.... silence...
Hello fella Canadian, if anyone have any information on Canadian release date or arrive date of the type r, please post your information, I am starting loosing sleep over this type r, I am fourth inline at my dealership and my dealership is not that big, I been crossing my fingers and legs hoping that I could get my hands on one. Thank you

Last edited:

Cedric44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si coupe 2012
Country flag
Hello fella Canadian, if anyone have any information on Canadian release date or arrive date of the type r, please post your information, I am starting loosing sleep over this type r, I am fourth inline at my dealership and my dealership is not that big, I been crossing my fingers and legs hoping that I could get my hands on one. Thank you
Sponsored