[Canadian] Type R Information Updates

MrPink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
I really like that reviewer but i am not 100% i agree with him... i myself am breaking it in cause it's the Type R, but i am slowly changing my mind to just drive like i would or bit more aggressively... Supposedly the Engines are broken in by Honda before delivery... the NSX is for sure (as stated in the video). @NorthernEX-T said they are broken in as well at the factory...

I think i will start driving it like i would and pretty hard .. i'm at around 200kms right now mostly 1/2 city and the initially highway from dealership. i've been going mostly to 4.5K rpm but occasional 5 almost to 6K... the shift indicator doesn't even turn on when i drive haha.. so i will have to change that... i know a handful of engine re builders and engineers and they all break their engines in hard. Plus mines a lease... haha why am i so worried.. full coverage and it's goin back in 4 years.

iforyou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R, 2001 Honda S2000, 2007 Acura RDX
Country flag
Nice! Where you located? Looks like BC. My number is close to yours. 2155
Let's come out and have some photo shoot, white and black
Yup I'm from BC, Coquitlam specifically. I think I've seen 2032 and 2034 posted here or on the Facebook Canada CTR owner group. Sounds like a good idea, gotta give it a good wash first. Still debating whether to do Ceramic Pro or not...

alphatrion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R 05 S2000
Yup I'm from BC, Coquitlam specifically. I think I've seen 2032 and 2034 posted here or on the Facebook Canada CTR owner group. Sounds like a good idea, gotta give it a good wash first. Still debating whether to do Ceramic Pro or not...
Have you done ceramic pro before? Is it worth it? Just got a quote for $1200 for 4 coats. Can bring it back each year for an inspection and pay $150 if it needs another coat.

I was thinking of wrapping the hood and part of the wing in carbon

Last edited:

Vteclover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 civic si
Country flag
I think I will do vinyl wrap, because I do lot of highway driving, does anyone know any good shop around Vancouver lower mainland, please recommend it, thank you fellas

iforyou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R, 2001 Honda S2000, 2007 Acura RDX
Country flag
Have you done ceramic pro before? Is it worth it? Just got a quote for $1200 for 4 coats. Can bring it back each year for an inspection and pay $150 if it needs another coat.

I was thinking of wrapping the hood and part of the wing in carbon
Nope, this is actually my first brand new car, so I've never done any ceramic pro, cquartz coating, and/or opti-coat stuff. Haha that's why I am wondering if I should do it. I've heard from both sides to it.....may be I should get a quote too to see...it's not cheap regardless. Does $1200 come with any warranty?

baldheadracing

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Ceramic won't offer the protection of paint protection film. However, the shine ...

(be sure to click on HD in the video settings once the player loads)

generic_user

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MDX, TSX, CTR
The "next shipment" stuff was what Ontario Zone (and Quebec I believe) dealers were told a few weeks ago. Things may have changed since then, and the situation has been shown to be different in other zones. (I'm assuming that you're in Richmond BC.)
I'm losing my mind waiting for my car...has anyone received the "next shipment" in Ontario/Quebec or the second Type R at your dealerships and all you folks who are showing off your beauties were first in line?

MrPink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
Ceramic won't offer the protection of paint protection film. However, the shine ...

(be sure to click on HD in the video settings once the player loads)

yup this....
no protection, except from like rain, hardwater marks and bird shit... easy wash.. just go through touchless or use your power washer at home with foam canon.. luckily i have a soft water filter at my house..

it's dusty right now, but still shinny ; > i got opticoat pro+ 4 coats plus a sealant.. got it for free cause i did a lot of the work.. my guy just wanted to use the type r for promo material and did the hard corrections + the coating i just cleaned, wiped, and sealed the coating..

the process is a joke.. i dunno why they charge so much for it... the correction i understand but the coating itself is just like applying wax, just can't leave it there for too long and u have to avoid high spots

Vteclover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 civic si
Country flag
For the two days that I got the type R, I can foreseeing few problem:
1. You can't tell how fast you are going, on the highway I was doing 150 to 160 km but feel like I was doing 70 or 80 km, the car just hug the corner and zip right through, so there is going to be alot of speeding tickets in the distance future.
2. The exhaust noise, people said is not loud enough, I think it's fine when I had 3500 rpm it got the rumbling of the turbo sounds, even I found it little annoying after couple of hrs driving.
3. This cars has 12 speakers that including a subwoofer, but there is no bass, even I crank the bass up and the subwoofer up, the sound of the rumbling exhaust is even louder than the bass that the speaker provides.
4. Loosing sleep, while I was loosing sleep waiting for the car to release and to get the car, now I got the car and I still loosing sleep over it, because I get so excited that just want to drive, drive, drive, every moment of the day.
For those who is still waiting for the car, I really hope you get your soon, because you are missing out allot of fun, I have so much fun with this car I don't even know how to express my feelings. All I could say is Honda Canada please help them to have their car before the summer end, cheers got to go for an other drive again.

daymiel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 civic si stock
Country flag
1. You can't tell how fast you are going, on the highway I was doing 150 to 160 km but feel like I was doing 70 or 80 km, the car just hug the corner and zip right through, so there is going to be alot of speeding tickets in the distance future.
2. The exhaust noise, people said is not loud enough, I think it's fine when I had 3500 rpm it got the rumbling of the turbo sounds, even I found it little annoying after couple of hrs driving.
3. This cars has 12 speakers that including a subwoofer, but there is no bass, even I crank the bass up and the subwoofer up, the sound of the rumbling exhaust is even louder than the bass that the speaker provides.
4. Loosing sleep, while I was loosing sleep waiting for the car to release and to get the car, now I got the car and I still loosing sleep over it, because I get so excited that just want to drive, drive, drive, every moment of the day.
For those who is still waiting for the car, I really hope you get your soon, because you are missing out allot of fun, I have so much fun with this car I don't even know how to express my feelings. All I could say is Honda Canada please help them to have their car before the summer end, cheers got to go for an other drive again.
Same here. I know how it feels buddy. I couldnt sleep the night i took mine for ppf and tint. The guy who was working on the car was getting frustrated with me. :D

ShuJam

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Touring Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I really like that reviewer but i am not 100% i agree with him... i myself am breaking it in cause it's the Type R, but i am slowly changing my mind to just drive like i would or bit more aggressively... Supposedly the Engines are broken in by Honda before delivery... the NSX is for sure (as stated in the video). @NorthernEX-T said they are broken in as well at the factory...

I think i will start driving it like i would and pretty hard .. i'm at around 200kms right now mostly 1/2 city and the initially highway from dealership. i've been going mostly to 4.5K rpm but occasional 5 almost to 6K... the shift indicator doesn't even turn on when i drive haha.. so i will have to change that... i know a handful of engine re builders and engineers and they all break their engines in hard. Plus mines a lease... haha why am i so worried.. full coverage and it's goin back in 4 years.
Don't know about the Type R, but this is in the Owner's Guide for my hatch.
Honda Civic 10th gen [Canadian] Type R Information Updates Screen Shot 2017-07-20 at 10.41.54 PM

MrPink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
Don't know about the Type R, but this is in the Owner's Guide for my hatch.
Screen Shot 2017-07-20 at 10.41.54 PM.png
yah most of the stuff is legally put in there so they don't get sued for anything.. i'm not gonna WOT but going up to like 5.5K RPM i feel is ok..
i can't go over 4.5K RPM anyway cause if i do i am way over the speed limit... haven't really taken it on the highway, except the drive home from the dealership.

MrPink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
i've taken her out when the wife and kids are asleep for like 30-45mins around town.. there are a lot of open roads around where i live that are about 80km limits.. ive been taking it easy, but tonight i opened it up just a bit so i can least see the shift lights go yellow haha.. and in +R mode for the first time.. and gosh dammit it's fun as hell... i can't even go past 5K rpm without being at 90-100kmph.. just slowed down way before stop signs so i don't have to brake hard..

music i haven't really turned it on since i just wanna hear the rumble inside the cabin and to see if there is anything off about how it drives and sounds.. but tonight's joy ride was the most fun i've had in a car in a while.. since my STi... it was kind scary how fast it picks up.. especially coming from the Si with only 210hp.. i can't imagine how people feel coming from a regular civic or just a regular car in general!

FK8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type-R
i've taken her out when the wife and kids are asleep for like 30-45mins around town.. there are a lot of open roads around where i live that are about 80km limits.. ive been taking it easy, but tonight i opened it up just a bit so i can least see the shift lights go yellow haha.. and in +R mode for the first time.. and gosh dammit it's fun as hell... i can't even go past 5K rpm without being at 90-100kmph.. just slowed down way before stop signs so i don't have to brake hard..

music i haven't really turned it on since i just wanna hear the rumble inside the cabin and to see if there is anything off about how it drives and sounds.. but tonight's joy ride was the most fun i've had in a car in a while.. since my STi... it was kind scary how fast it picks up.. especially coming from the Si with only 210hp.. i can't imagine how people feel coming from a regular civic or just a regular car in general!
Ya!
I don't regret traded in my STi now!:beer:
Sponsored