Canadian Pricing Negotiating

rockwooroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX 2013, EX 2016
Country flag
Dealers seem to be very closed to negotiating from my experience since last week.
Any Canadians willing to share their experiences and negotiation successes?
Sponsored

CdnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2O16 Civic Touring 'WOP', 2016 HRV EXL w/nav. 'Milano Red'
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm doing the dance now. Package is for a Touring with an additional mounted and installed set of Michelin x-Ice on steelies, mats and wheel locks. Factory tires and rims storage included. Trade in is a very clean Pilot Touring, 131K, 8 fresh tires on their rims. Pilot is due for a timing belt. To make things easy we have listed their side of the ledger a full list prices. Working on my side of the ledger.
Hopefully we can come to an agreement. If not I do the timing belt and drive it another 6+ months.

CdnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Finalized my deal today. Take delivery late next week of my White Orchid Pearl Touring. Package as detailed above but also will have paint protection applied. Basically list price with the paint protection ($399), mats ($165), wheel locks ($80)and 2 years storage (?) as the free throw-ins. Got a very fair trade-in settlement. Basically top black book valuation.

Got a rate reduction to 1.99% within Honda's loyalty program.

Very happy with the deal and process.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
So what's your OTD? Im factoring in the 13% tax or whatever.

OP
OP
rockwooroo

rockwooroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX 2013, EX 2016
Country flag
So you managed to also get the winter tires and steel rims plus the 2 year free storage? Sounds like a very good deal to me. Congrats. Post pictures when you get it

CdnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So you managed to also get the winter tires and steel rims plus the 2 year free storage? Sounds like a very good deal to me. Congrats. Post pictures when you get it
No, I paid full retail for the tires and the rims. I do get the current Michelin $75 rebate.
The throw ins where the mats, wheel locks, storage and paint protector.

CdnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So what's your OTD? Im factoring in the 13% tax or whatever.
There was a trade in, that changes everything, so numbers are not black and white. Basically I paid full price less the throw ins valued at about $650 plus tax. Can't put a real price on the tire storage but it will save me about $150. Also the financing at 1.99% would save about $300 per year. Hope that clarifies.

Keep in mind that our Touring lists at Cdn$26,990 vs our U.S.A friends have a list price of US$26,500. We are already getting a 25% discount. This is why there is some discounting across the border. I really don't think you'll ever see a new 2016 U.S. Civic Touring sold at US$20,300. We are getting an unbelievable bargain for this vehicle. Jump on them before they change their minds!

Last edited:

CdnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'll post some pictures when I get the car and figure out how to do it. My camera takes some large files so I'll have to resize them. Anyone know the file size our posting accepts?

TAXMASTA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 civic MT
Country flag
i have went to 3 dealers, peterborough, pickering and bowmanville. each give me the same price for the LX 6MT at out the door 23,500 , but as far as i can tell that is 14% profit on the dealer invoice.

i hear that for a entery level car they should only make 3% and 7% on a premium car, also i saw the intrest rate at 4.24 % witch is crap.

i bought my 2007 civic new at .9%

also pickering honda drove my 2007 civic 4 door MT with 270K and did a inspection and then offered me 500$, i just stood up and walked away

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
i have went to 3 dealers, peterborough, pickering and bowmanville. each give me the same price for the LX 6MT at out the door 23,500 , but as far as i can tell that is 14% profit on the dealer invoice.

i hear that for a entery level car they should only make 3% and 7% on a premium car, also i saw the intrest rate at 4.24 % witch is crap.

i bought my 2007 civic new at .9%

also pickering honda drove my 2007 civic 4 door MT with 270K and did a inspection and then offered me 500$, i just stood up and walked away
Tell them to f*** off and offer 21k OTD with some mats and stuff. They're selling a Civic, not a Ferrari...

OP
OP
rockwooroo

rockwooroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX 2013, EX 2016
Country flag
If you price this online at Honda.ca, you get to $23345 for the LX Manual (including dealer fees, taxes, etc.) so go elsewhere...not sure you would get $21K but $22.5K might be achievable.

Stock_07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
I agree. Don't forget you bought your car one year after release date so the interest rate and the deal on the car would be better. The tenth gen just came out and there is a big hype so no need to go much better then mspr

CdnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
2007 Civic, manual with 270,000 km. What do you expect as a trade in? They're going to wholesale it or scrap it. If it's a cream puff you will want to sell it privately. Dealers won't want it.

sunny786

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Honda CRV
Bought today EX-T sensing CD$26,500 all in, no extra perks. Canadian dealers want to rob their customers if they want to buy 2016 Civic or Accord.

OP
OP
rockwooroo

rockwooroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX 2013, EX 2016
Country flag
Sunny, does that include your taxes? What is the tax % in Alberta when purchasing a new car?
Sponsored