• No

Votes: 15 48.4%

• Total voters

toccata

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L
I have had my EX-L for a week and today it occurs to me that there is no rear window wiper. Even my 1990 CRX had a rear wiper. Does anyone know if one can be installed? Thanks.
Sponsored

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
I have had my EX-L for a week and today it occurs to me that there is no rear window wiper. Even my 1990 CRX had a rear wiper. Does anyone know if one can be installed? Thanks.
Your CR-X is a hatch... The Civic is a Sedan... Sedans historically have never had wipers in the back and hatches have. If you look at the spy photos on the '17 hatch, it does have a wiper.
To answer your question, no... You'll need a wiper stalk to operate the wiper, wiring and electrical connections that you probably have no clue about. Bunch of other integration and systems in the car that you're not familiar with and the risk of the whole project just not working. Considering time and money as well, not worth it.

RockyD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kia Optima SXL, 2015 Honda CRV EX, 2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2003 Lancer Evolution
Just rainx the back window. My wife's CRV has a rear wiper and I don't think it's been used once.

benjaminh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Accord EX Orchid
No.

Next time get a hatchback or suv.

stak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
I had an '05 RSX Type S for over a decade before this Civic. It had a rear wiper and I barely ever used it. Now that I have this car at least three times I've looked in a rear view mirror and thought damn I wish it had a rear wiper. Had one and never used it now that I don't have it I want it.

RockyD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kia Optima SXL, 2015 Honda CRV EX, 2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2003 Lancer Evolution
I had an '05 RSX Type S for over a decade before this Civic. It had a rear wiper and I barely ever used it. Now that I have this car at least three times I've looked in a rear view mirror and thought damn I wish it had a rear wiper. Had one and never used it now that I don't have it I want it.
That's funny. I has a 05 type s too. I actually removed the wiper on mine.

camhabib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Porsche 911, 2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Yes, it's possible to install one. That said, 1) it would be amazingly expensive and difficult due to all the custom work required and 2) it isn't really needed give the cameras and performance of RainX or similar.
Sponsored