Brand of Airbags in Civic 2016

saminder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Can someone tell me the brand of Airbags that Civic 2016 comes with?

I have a 2016 Honda Civic Touring
Sponsored

corbygray528

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-Z
Country flag
Yeah, I would be surprised if they weren't. Takata makes airbags for pretty much every high volume car on the road. The new units aren't affected by the same issue that was found to be a problem in some of their older airbags that got them recalled.

Troy Jollimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2018 VW Golf
Country flag
The new units aren't affected by the same issue that was found to be a problem in some of their older airbags that got them recalled.
Actually, I think some of them are! I'm not worried, though. Maybe if my car had spent a decade in Louisiana or somewhere with the same heat and humidity... That's when the bags might become dangerous.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Actually, I think some of them are! I'm not worried, though. Maybe if my car had spent a decade in Louisiana or somewhere with the same heat and humidity... That's when the bags might become dangerous.
I sure as hell hope not. Not really a way to verify, but that would be shitty of Honda to continue using defective products in new cars.

Troy Jollimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2018 VW Golf
Country flag
People are REALLY funny about things like that. "Our product, if used in the vacuum of space, has the potential to harm you..." "F**k THAT sh*t! Get that garbage product away from me, NOW!!!"

Like I said. Not worried in the slightest. The airbag in our Vibe was recalled. I was in no rush. Our case didn't meet the conditions for failure.

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Per NHTSA only Fiat-Chrysler is still installing the "defective killer" Takata air bags. They immediately promised to stop using them, eventually. It is true that some recalled airbags are being replaced with the killer bags but they promise to replace them again before the "best if used by date"!

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rallye Red Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
I too have heard that some of the air bag replacements being installed, as well as ones in brand new cars can be at risk

Kevin35623

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 honda accord
That's the side curtain airbag. The airbag in our steering wheel is a takata, which as of now no new cars have been added to the recall list. I think the last of them were 2013 or so after these models that Honda is putting out now they will no longer be using takata airbags, but the civic and most other Hondas are being installed with takata products

Last edited:

GAVZDAD

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
so say we all
That's the side curtain airbag the airbag in our steering wheel is a takata which as of now no new cars have been added to the recall lost all I think the last of them were 2013 or so after these models that Honda is putting out now they will no longer be using takata airbags but the civic and most other Hondas are being installed with takata products
I've said it before.... PUNCTUATE!