Brakes sticking ??

elykoj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
Country flag
sometimes when I come out of reverse into drive and let off the brake the car wont move till I press the gas. Happens on flat surfaces as well as inclines/declines..Feels almost like the brakes are sticking. Like the auto brake stop switch is activated. Of course it doesn't always happen so dealer will say could not duplicate at this time. Anyone else have this issue?
Sponsored

indexcow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX (Crystal Black)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
sometimes when I come out of reverse into drive and let off the brake the car wont move till I press the gas. Happens on flat surfaces as well as inclines/declines..Feels almost like the brakes are sticking. Like the auto brake stop switch is activated. Of course it doesn't always happen so dealer will say could not duplicate at this time. Anyone else have this issue?
@elykoj I know what you mean! I feel what you are experiencing and believe it to be working as intended although it would be nice if someone here could explain what is going on.

indexcow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You have same issue? What did dealer tell you?
@elykoj I don't think it's an issue. I think its designed that way intentionally. I haven't taken it to the dealership because I never saw it as an issue, I thought it was just the nature of the car. It's more noticeable on inclines but it is nice and helps the car not roll backwards.

eXultanCe

eXult
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Honda Civic EX-L
Country flag
It's more noticeable on inclines but it is nice and helps the car not roll backwards.
I notice that every morning as I'm leaving to work. It will stick on inclines. I thought it was an issue until I drove another civic '16 and it did the same. Most likely a feature?

indexcow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I notice that every morning as I'm leaving to work. It will stick on inclines. I thought it was an issue until I drove another civic '16 and it did the same. Most likely a feature?
@eXultanCe That's what I'm guessing. A feature of the transmission or maybe even the electric parking brake?

eXultanCe

eXult
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Honda Civic EX-L
Country flag
I may be COMPLETELY off, but I think its intended to be a "Brake hold" off sorts to assist in transition of foot from brake to acceleration during inclines to prevent reversing. I live in Florida, so that's not really beneficial, but in cities with huge inclines (San Francisco, for example), it may come in handy?

indexcow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I may be COMPLETELY off, but I think its intended to be a "Brake hold" off sorts to assist in transition of foot from brake to acceleration during inclines to prevent reversing. I live in Florida, so that's not really beneficial, but in cities with huge inclines (San Francisco, for example), it may come in handy?
@eXultanCe I spent some of my Halloween weekend in San Francisco and the Brake Hold feature was VERY handy in the hilly stop and go traffic.

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah like if you're on a steep hill, brake hold will automatically kick in so you don't roll back. CVT & Manual cars both.

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yup, honda list it as Hill Start Assist, which i mark as red below

Chassis Summary
All Models

• MacPherson strut front suspension
  • Multi-link rear suspension
  • Front and rear stabilizer bars
  • Front fluid-filled suspension bushings
  • Power-assisted 4-wheel disc brakes
  • 4-channel Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) with Brake Assist
  • Electronic Brake force Distribution (EBD)
  • Vehicle Stability Assist™ (VSA®)1 with Traction Control
  • Agile Handling Assist
  • Dual Pinion Variable Ratio Electric Power-Assisted Rack-and-Pinion Steering (EPS)
  • Straight Driving Assist
  • Electric Parking Brake (EPB) with Automatic Brake Hold
  • Hill Start Assist
  • Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)3
Sponsored