BoomBa Civic MT 10th Gen Motor Mount - Buyer Beware

Do you think they should allow me to return it?

• Total voters

Civic10DenverBoomba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Hatch Back Sport
Country flag
Hey Guys - Just wanted to tell anyone that is considering the 2016 + Honda Civic Rear Motor Mount (6MT), to RECONSIDER and know that BOOMBA will NOT RETURN the product if you install it. I received this LAME ROBOT like message after uploading pictures of the product I was wanting to return. Of course the product is going to get scratched on INSTALL.

The worse part is the fact their is "NO ONE" behind the email- LOL. Your a small business - disclose who you are - so you can have a conversation.

The product will CAUSE un bearable VIBRATIONS even at IDLE. This part made my car sound like it did not have an exhaust - the vibration was so loud throughout the whole RPM ranges..

2016 + Honda Civic Rear Motor Mount (6MT) 037-00-003R 1
The product was WELL MADE but under BUYER beware it is not QUIET. No where on the website does it say it will cause your car to VIBRATE - even at IDLE. I had the certified ASE with me who installed it - and we both laughed at how loud it was. Took it off after a 5 mile test drive.

Boomba Racing Info via eigbox.net
1:21 PM (15 minutes ago)
Honda Civic 10th gen BoomBa Civic MT 10th Gen Motor Mount - Buyer Beware {filename}

Honda Civic 10th gen BoomBa Civic MT 10th Gen Motor Mount - Buyer Beware {filename}

to me

Thank you for the pictures, unfortunately we cannot issue an RMA since there are significant scratches and marks on the product. Your best bet would be to sell the product privately either on the forums or a Facebook group.

Honda Civic 10th gen BoomBa Civic MT 10th Gen Motor Mount - Buyer Beware unnamed
Sponsored

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
While I agree that the vibrations are ridiculous (been there, done that... someone gave me a mount because they hated the vibrations and it was so bad I gave it to someone else), I do not know of any sellers of automotive products that are going to authorize a return of an installed part. I'm not sure there is anything wrong with the mount, it's just much more extreme than what most of us would want in our daily drivers. I'd maybe offer to pay the 25% restocking fee they mention in their return policy and see if that gets you anywhere.

Boomba Racing

Civic X Vendor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport, 2018 Civic Type-R, 2010 Civic SI, 2015 Civic SI,
Country flag
We're sorry your experience was anything less than stellar when it comes to this mount. Although we're not sure what you mean by "automated" responses. Every email you received was from one of our customer service reps. There are no automated email. There is a real person typing every response over here.

The thing with any aftermarket motor mount is the tradeoff between NVH "noise vibration and harshness" and performance. Stock motor mounts are known to be very soft which can cause wheel hop, poor traction, and vague shifting feel. When you swap out one of these sloppy stock mounts for a higher performance aftermarket one, a more solid bushing helps with all these issues. However it is not without tradeoff; some added vibrations will always be introduced by adding a more solid mount. The key factor is finding that balancing point between added NVH and added performance. This is why all of our mounts have carefully selected bushing durometers and extensive research in overall mount design. These mounts take 1,000 to 2,000 miles to fully break in and after that point, the vibrations do significantly lessen.

OP
OP

Civic10DenverBoomba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Hatch Back Sport
Country flag
We're sorry your experience was anything less than stellar when it comes to this mount. Although we're not sure what you mean by "automated" responses. Every email you received was from one of our customer service reps. There are no automated email. There is a real person typing every response over here.

The thing with any aftermarket motor mount is the tradeoff between NVH "noise vibration and harshness" and performance. Stock motor mounts are known to be very soft which can cause wheel hop, poor traction, and vague shifting feel. When you swap out one of these sloppy stock mounts for a higher performance aftermarket one, a more solid bushing helps with all these issues. However it is not without tradeoff; some added vibrations will always be introduced by adding a more solid mount. The key factor is finding that balancing point between added NVH and added performance. This is why all of our mounts have carefully selected bushing durometers and extensive research in overall mount design. These mounts take 1,000 to 2,000 miles to fully break in and after that point, the vibrations do significantly lessen.
There was no email NAME. You should address all your emails as part of a Good customer Service department. Also your remarks should be on the BUYER BEWARE part of your WEBSITE- Saying if you INSTALL your UNLIKELY to get a RETURN. Even 25%/ 50% RETURN FEE - I would happily EAT. The reality of this part is that it is UNDERNEATH the car. You could take it back and make anyone HAPPY but you choose to take the EAST way out and BLAME the CUSTOMER - Its completely LAME. Under BUYER BEWARE if I knew its was going to be this BAS - and VIBRATE for 2000 MILES - I would have never BOUGHT IT... That the POINT - ITS MIS LEADING...

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Since there's no way to tell how or if it works or you like it or not unless you install it, I dont think that should affect being able to return it or not. I'm pretty sure after one or two thousand miles they definitely aren't going to take it back.:rolleyes1:

Honestly, I haven't heard anything good about any boomba stuff for the civic yet.:fear:

SleepyFC1

The Minister of Truth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ABM Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No aftermarket parts company is going to (or should) take back an installed part for a vehicle. There's no way to verify that the integrity of said part is still intact when returned. I made the same mistake, and bought this before doing my due diligence and independent research. Hell, I bought this one and the Hasport 62A, neither of which are on the car right now. Lesson learned to thoroughly research the products before purchasing. I'm not going to bash Boomba or Hasport because everybody's tolerance for NVH is different. The products are described thoroughly on each website, and I installed at my own risk.

Boomba Racing

Civic X Vendor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport, 2018 Civic Type-R, 2010 Civic SI, 2015 Civic SI,
Country flag
There was no email NAME. You should address all your emails as part of a Good customer Service department. Also your remarks should be on the BUYER BEWARE part of your WEBSITE- Saying if you INSTALL your UNLIKELY to get a RETURN. Even 25%/ 50% RETURN FEE - I would happily EAT. The reality of this part is that it is UNDERNEATH the car. You could take it back and make anyone HAPPY but you choose to take the EAST way out and BLAME the CUSTOMER - Its completely LAME. Under BUYER BEWARE if I knew its was going to be this BAS - and VIBRATE for 2000 MILES - I would have never BOUGHT IT... That the POINT - ITS MIS LEADING...
A few things to address here: we simply can't simply take this product back and resell it because it has been installed. If someone was to buy this mount and it arrived looking like this, it would be unacceptable.

Being that this piece is a solid motor mount, it is physically impossible for it to not add any sort of NVH (noise vibration harshness) and still have performance benefits. We are not the only mount offered for this vehicle; and you will find all other company's mounts add vibrations as well, some even more.

These products do work as advertised. We have many happy customers running these pieces with less wheel hop, more traction, and smoother shifting.

Bankerbalt

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI sedan, 2008 Cobalt
i agree with boomba here. op clearly doesn't understand what this mount is intended for and the trade off's with it. think of it this way -- when/if you installed coilovers on your car, you're going to feel every bump. however the performance of the vehicle will be changed in a positive way during spirited driving. are you going to go after the coilover company for your money back because you feel bumps? doubtful.

xcoreflyup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport (Traded in), 2022 BIG PRIUS
Country flag
1 main function for the engine mount is to absorb the engine vibration. Why do you think Honda used rubber on the OEM piece?

Should had research before dumping money into modifying your car.

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
Research parts before buying......

Solid motor mounts are known to greatly increase in cabin vibration. They also remove driveline flex/slop which results in less power loss.

Too many noobs up in the Honda scene. Even with the boomba BOV, which they are dicks for misrepresenting... It is a well known issue that turbocharged MAF tuned engines which are equipped with a BPV (aka recirc BOV) will suffer issues with fuel wash when metered air disappears to atmosphere yet the injectors do what they should.

auskip07

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 Porsche 944t, 15 Acura RDX, 17 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
Yeah you cant do that. When you install it, it becomes a used part. You can only return it if you cant install it or manuf defect. Not because you didnt like it.
Sponsored