Bluetooth Won't Connect - 2016 Civic LX

asaspadesss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX
I own a 2016 Civic LX and I've been skimming through the forums here for this issue and what I've found just hasn't worked for me. The bluetooth audio in my car doesn't work for some reason. Like it will pair with my phone (which is an iPhone 7+) but afterwards it will still show "Device Not Connected" and won't play sound, even though it is "technically" connected.

I've tried pressing the power button for 5 seconds to see if it will let me reboot, but no dice. I'm assuming this is because I have an LX instead of EX, which comes with a touch screen.

Any other solutions you guys know of?
Sponsored

saiyan1485

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX Sedan Manual
I own a 2016 Civic LX and I've been skimming through the forums here for this issue and what I've found just hasn't worked for me. The bluetooth audio in my car doesn't work for some reason. Like it will pair with my phone (which is an iPhone 7+) but afterwards it will still show "Device Not Connected" and won't play sound, even though it is "technically" connected.

I've tried pressing the power button for 5 seconds to see if it will let me reboot, but no dice. I'm assuming this is because I have an LX instead of EX, which comes with a touch screen.

Any other solutions you guys know of?
This has happened to me before. All you need to do is do a system reset of the dash and it should work out.

OP
OP

asaspadesss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX
I bought a new dash so i cant remember but the dealer can also do it for you with no charge. I watched them do it then i knew what to do next time.
ahh okay. I'll take it in tomorrow then after work. thanks

Nicklo2017HB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX hatchback
Okay, so how do I do that? Or is that something the dealer would have to do?
ahh okay. I'll take it in tomorrow then after work. thanks
My 2017 civic LX hatchback connects the Bluetooth hands free link to my Sony experia z1 compact and then drops the connection within a minute. The handsfrelink site doesn't list compatibility with Sony but the Bluetooth protocol should be universal. Please let me know if the reset worked for you. Thanks
Sponsored