Blow off valve

ichii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe and 2011 CR-Z
Country flag
The sound is fantastic. Great pitch, no whistle, very TIAL like and I love that.

Anybody with a real boost gauge monitoring vac during idle before and after installing this BOV?
Yes, sounds a lot better than the eBay HKS one.
Sponsored

DontDrinknDerive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Ok here is a video of me driving after the install. Some nice commentary from the 5 year old as well. This is a CVT, and the sound is very audible. I do notice that if I let the CVT "shift" you dont hear it as much but when you let off the gas its definitely noticeable.

Thanks for uploading this! Sounds from an actual customer are always reassuring/satisfying (no offense Boomba). I want to pull the trigger on this bov, but I'm waiting on a further investigation as to whether a bov is safe long term. I would feel much safe swapping out the oem bpv for an after market bpv. Here's to wishing that confirmation of the bov being safe comes soon! :beer:

Side note, what Honda dealership did you get your civic at? I'm moving to the DFW area later in the year, and I would like to have a dealership I can trust if any warranty work should it come up.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for uploading this! Sounds from an actual customer are always reassuring/satisfying (no offense Boomba). I want to pull the trigger on this bov, but I'm waiting on a further investigation as to whether a bov is safe long term. I would feel much safe swapping out the oem bpv for an after market bpv. Here's to wishing that confirmation of the bov being safe comes soon! :beer:

Side note, what Honda dealership did you get your civic at? I'm moving to the DFW area later in the year, and I would like to have a dealership I can trust if any warranty work should it come up.
This is my 3rd from Vandergriff in Arlington. They have awesome sales guys and the service is impeccable. I take my Acura to the Vandergriff Acura side as well.

ichii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

Here's a video from Mighty Car Mods that talks about it.

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Here's a video from Mighty Car Mods that talks about it.
All I could think about during that video was somebody said "Make sure his hands are dirty and keep focusing on them. People will trust him if he has dirty hands!"

That video is spot on and it's exactly what me and several others have said. The backfiring is a really big deal with any exhaust that still has catalytic converters.

Side note, those GoFastBits dual ports are amazing.

chrisliese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic exl-t, 2002 Honda s2000 turbo, 2016 Honda Odyssey
Not just you but I know when I rev to about 5k in neutral economy on or off I don't really build any boost. Have to be on the road under power/under a load to keep the air flow going to spool the turbo, and maybe the car holds the wastegate wide open when you aren't moving... No boost nothing to escape out the BOV...
The car is designed not to build boost when its not in Drive. Look at the boost gauge when you rev in park/N.

chrisliese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic exl-t, 2002 Honda s2000 turbo, 2016 Honda Odyssey
Just be careful with the bolts I lost two hahaha, good thing I have a hardware store nearby. Just for piece of mind get a few extra bolts just in case, it's a tight spot.
$5 magnet grabber at auto parts store. about 2.5 feet long with magnet claw at end. Best purchase ever.

ethanmhanks

Project Blackout
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Ram 1500, 1975 Corvette.
Vehicle Showcase
Got mine on in about 20 minutes last night. The hardest part for me was getting those darn clips back on the vacuum hose. I actually ended up using a zip tie on it until I get to Autozone after work today. But the BOV sounds great! With the Injen SRI on one side I have a nice turbo flutter sound and the other I hear a nice *Pshh* sound. Also, not too loud for my girlfriend since she is the one driving it most the time. Good product! Worth the money.

SangreRaven

First Name
Raven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So unless I am silly, which I might be. The video if its accurate makes it sound like there are very few sides effects for this change being done and it does not sound like it will do any real harm to the car. As nice as that sound I still want to see how some ppl with it feel about it and how their cars run after a few months before I do it :) plus I need to do other mods first (intake, exhaust, interior ect)

-R

ichii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
$5 magnet grabber at auto parts store. about 2.5 feet long with magnet claw at end. Best purchase ever.
Yeah I have one, just couldn't find the bolts after I dropped it. It's somewhere in the skid liner or on the road somewhere if it dropped while I was driving.

Boomba Racing

Civic X Vendor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport, 2018 Civic Type-R, 2010 Civic SI, 2015 Civic SI,
Country flag
2016 Honda Civic Turbo 1.5 Blow Off Valve Boomba Racing Unboxing

Thanks for the unboxing video! Let us know what you think once it is installed.

CivCoupe2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic Coupe EX, 2016 Civic Coupe EX-T
Country flag
@Boomba Racing.. At WOT, or close to it, when you let off the gas and the throttle plate slams shut, the valve will vent the excess boost pressure. But, how much excess boost does the BOV need in order to vent? Example. Let's say I accelerate at partial throttle and build some boost, but not peak. When I ease off the accelerator as I reach my desired cruising speed will the BOV vent the excess boost at this point, or will it be handled by the wastegate? I guess my question boils down to the AFR dilemma. If I am cruising at highway speeds and accelerate to pass someone, then ease off the gas to slow back down, there is still a considerable load on the motor at say 76mph with a constant rpm of around 2500. IF the BOV vents at this point with somewhat of a load on the motor, it seems there would be negative impacts to the ratio. But that's only if it does vent. I know the AFR is ultimately calculated by the wideband O2 sensor on the exhaust, but it does take readings from the MAF, does it not? Hope this makes sense :hmm:

northwestghosts_cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Got mine on in about 20 minutes last night. The hardest part for me was getting those darn clips back on the vacuum hose. I actually ended up using a zip tie on it until I get to Autozone after work today. But the BOV sounds great! With the Injen SRI on one side I have a nice turbo flutter sound and the other I hear a nice *Pshh* sound. Also, not too loud for my girlfriend since she is the one driving it most the time. Good product! Worth the money.
Did you have a bunch of codes pop up after the install? Just finished mine about an hour ago and still have brake system, power steering, vsc and cel lights still on. This happened after the dyno too but went away in minutes, though mine are still here an hour later.
Sponsored