Blow off valve

ichii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe and 2011 CR-Z
Country flag
Both o rings are used, c clamp goes on before mounting on car. It's a tight squeeze to get the bolts in after its mounted but possible.
So it's the thin one then the thick one, then the c-clamp? because I tried that and it seem so thick.
Sponsored

ethanmhanks

Project Blackout
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Ram 1500, 1975 Corvette.
Vehicle Showcase
So it's the thin one then the thick one, then the c-clamp? because I tried that and it seem so thick.
This may have been where I messed up.. There was a built in thin ring on the adaptor and a thick ring in my box, so was I missing one? Looks like you have two rings and then the built in one on the adaptor I am guessing.

ichii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
This may have been where I messed up.. There was a built in thin ring on the adaptor and a thick ring in my box, so was I missing one? Looks like you have two rings and then the built in one on the adaptor I am guessing.
Yeah, that's what it is.....That means I have to put it back together, working in that tight space was a nightmare. I had it on and went for a test drive then didn't sound right so I checked and the C-clip was loose. It was about a mile drive hope I didn't damage anything.

drumachine9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic touring
I know there were 2 rings one designed to fit in the groove of the mounting plate which seals against the car. The other goes inside the mounting plate and seals the bov to the plate then c ring goes on last. Then mount to the car. Make sure it's positioned properly before mounting Bov to the plate otherwise you'll have to take off the c ring and reposition it which is a pain.

drumachine9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic touring
Yeah, that's what it is.....That means I have to put it back together, working in that tight space was a nightmare. I had it on and went for a test drive then didn't sound right so I checked and the C-clip was loose. It was about a mile drive hope I didn't damage anything.
It's an extremely tight fit so if something was loose you installed it wrong.

ichii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It's an extremely tight fit so if something was loose you installed it wrong.
installed it again, I couldn't use two of the O rings. I couldn't make the bov fit the adapter. going to give it another test drive tomorrow to see if something gets loose again. If so I'm gonna go back to stock and wait for a boomba or a bov that recirculates.

Ryude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
If it isn't a royal pain to get that c-clip on then you probably didn't do it right.

ichii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If it isn't a royal pain to get that c-clip on then you probably didn't do it right.
no, it was a royal pain. I had to use to hand one with a flat head to push down the other side of the c-clip to go down adapter then slowly push all the sides of the ring down because if I release it too soon one side of the ring would pop out. It would be nice if there's a little groove or something where the c-clip could fit, but I guess that would leave gap where pressure could leak.

Ryude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
no, it was a royal pain. I had to use to hand one with a flat head to push down the other side of the c-clip to go down adapter then slowly push all the sides of the ring down because if I release it too soon one side of the ring would pop out. It would be nice if there's a little groove or something where the c-clip could fit, but I guess that would leave gap where pressure could leak.
You're supposed to use this tool to put the c-clip on.

https://www.amazon.com/Snap-Circlip-Clip-Retaining-Pliers/dp/B003R6K1BC

ichii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
its on, now my Civic sneeze lol

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic ex-t 2016 crv lx 2001 accord ex 1997 integra gs
Country flag
you are saying there is no keeper groove machined to stop the c cli from popping out, so you could just grab the BOV and pull it off w/out any tools? its 100% doable to machine the groove in a location where you have to press slightly to squeeze down on the o-ring and put the clip in and hold a seal.

also I found this one for the sonata and it looks like it would work, but it is VTA from what it looks like. http://www.ebay.com/itm/272342415455?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

however if you leave econ mode on and drive easy you barely ever build boost so you wouldnt be venting much anyways (especially if you have a cvt and arent lifting to shift). different story when driving hard so is there anyway to use the map sensor to create a speed density tune instead of maf like they do with the STIs?

Boomba Racing

Civic X Vendor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport, 2018 Civic Type-R, 2010 Civic SI, 2015 Civic SI,
Country flag
you are saying there is no keeper groove machined to stop the c cli from popping out, so you could just grab the BOV and pull it off w/out any tools? its 100% doable to machine the groove in a location where you have to press slightly to squeeze down on the o-ring and put the clip in and hold a seal.

also I found this one for the sonata and it looks like it would work, but it is VTA from what it looks like. http://www.ebay.com/itm/272342415455?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

however if you leave econ mode on and drive easy you barely ever build boost so you wouldnt be venting much anyways (especially if you have a cvt and arent lifting to shift). different story when driving hard so is there anyway to use the map sensor to create a speed density tune instead of maf like they do with the STIs?
That Sonata one likely will not work due to spring pressure. During our earlier testing we used a design similar to our Sonata BOV and the spring inside the BOV would not work on the Civic.

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic ex-t 2016 crv lx 2001 accord ex 1997 integra gs
Country flag
That Sonata one likely will not work due to spring pressure. During our earlier testing we used a design similar to our Sonata BOV and the spring inside the BOV would not work on the Civic.
And seeing as that design doesn't look too familiar to me I'm guessing replacement springs are not easy to source if even available at all. Used an XSPower bov before, basically a tial copy I think so I was able to swap the spring for the 11lb I needed.

SilverDyme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
um sorry if someone already asked but, do you guys know where i can get an HKS blow off valve? I dont want that whistle fin on it...