Blow off valve

ichii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe and 2011 CR-Z
Country flag
What did you get? Like brand and everything, maybe a picture? It has to be a recirculating by pass valve. And installing it could potentially cause issues after running it if it doesn't recirculate air similar to the Oem one. Unless you are using bolt ons, more air etc. which means you should be tuned.
it's the ebay one, I believe it's the fake HKS bov with the adapter. There's a few on this thread that have it installed. Don't have pictures right now, was too cold to attempt the install.
Sponsored

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
it's the ebay one, I believe it's the fake HKS bov with the adapter. There's a few on this thread that have it installed. Don't have pictures right now, was too cold to attempt the install.
It's up to you if you want to install it. If it were me, no thank you. The Oem one is better. Soon there will be upgraded BPV's available. When they come look into each one, Meaning the company background and how their products are made and make a decision.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's up to you if you want to install it. If it were me, no thank you. The Oem one is better. Soon there will be upgraded BPV's available. When they come look into each one, Meaning the company background and how their products are made and make a decision.
good point, we shouldnt be using vta bov's, much less knock off BOVs from China, imagine when that starts leaking. Ill wait for a decent company doing bvp

Ryude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
And honestly with a metal BPV from the factory I wouldn't change it at all... It's rated for more boost than we will ever tune for.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
And honestly with a metal BPV from the factory I wouldn't change it at all... It's rated for more boost than we will ever tune for.
true, but if we want the "cool" sound an aftermarket bpv could be the answer. not everyone wants a max power build, but just a smooth driving, nice sounding turbo civic.

Ryude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
You can get that sound with the stock BPV, just delete the resonator attached to the intake pipe.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You can get that sound with the stock BPV, just delete the resonator attached to the intake pipe.
does the same apply if we get an aftermarket intake? has anyone done this and recorded it so we can hear it?

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Although yes a resonator delete on the intake would make more sound. But I wouldn't do it. It's there for a reason, it's not just to silence sound.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
But if going aftermarket intake,
Although yes a resonator delete on the intake would make more sound. But I wouldn't do it. It's there for a reason, it's not just to silence sound.
But if going aftermarket intake, whats the point of the resonator

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
But if going aftermarket intake,

But if going aftermarket intake, whats the point of the resonator
After market intakes requires a tune. The Oem intake has all those parts on for silencing the sound and and keeps the airflow within the stock ecu parameters. That's why if you change something in the factory intake assembly. It won't run properly. You can see all this by data logging the stock ecu tune. Stay on the stock tune and data log with bolt ons or modified assembly's that have to do with air or timing. You'll see on the graph that doing these changes with out tuning it out with run more poorly. Just because it seems to run fine and "sound better" doesn't mean it running better. You are actually doing damage.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
After market intakes requires a tune. The Oem intake has all those parts on for silencing the sound and and keeps the airflow within the stock ecu parameters. That's why if you change something in the factory intake assembly. It won't run properly. You can see all this by data logging the stock ecu tune. Stay on the stock tune and data log with bolt ons or modified assembly's that have to do with air or timing. You'll see on the graph that doing these changes with out tuning it out with run more poorly. Just because it seems to run fine and "sound better" doesn't mean it running better. You are actually doing damage.
i have flashpro so thats all moot. Ill tune for it. I just figure if I have an intake, then there is no use for the resonator, correct?

Ryude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Correct. The intake will replace the resonator. It won't be loud, but you can definitely hear the whoosh when it recirculates.

IC hard pipes and charge pipe will also make a difference.

Edit: metal pipes are louder than plastic/rubber.

ichii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe and 2011 CR-Z
Country flag
I might install and install a proper one once its available, that way all I would have to just swap when one comes out.

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I can't wait for prl to come out with their intercooler and IC pipping. Then hopefully turbo smart or someone good makes a nice recirculating bypass valve. And a down pipe. That's the majority of the bolt ons that one with need for gains and keeping a cooler intake temperatures. I feel like the intake isn't going to be that great for power on this platform.
Sponsored