Black Honda Civic Type R seen in Ohio

STiTCH87

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan, 2006 Scion TC
If you are going to change anything in this car, namely wheels, adding LED's or door visors or brake pads, don't buy this car. Go buy your mustang.
Stop this fuckin' crap about someone whining about someone else wanting THEIR car the way they WANT IT. Honda wanted you to run the track in 20" wheels, not 18" or 19". You have your wish list, and others have theirs.
Why do you think that your opinion is always right???
If you don't want the sensing features, or whatever cars have these days, then turn it off and drive your car, the way YOU want it! It is a Street car also, not just a damn race car, sheesh...
The irony in your post is suggesting that your own opinion is always right. If you want those features, buy an Si. The CTR is for drivers who can appreciate what the car is meant to be.

Why are posts 50 through 58 so angry. it's a bunch of people arguing with nobody and seems like highschool teen angst. No offense to the posters, but really the thread kinda got derailed there for no reason. Not sure who you were talking to (or why you care what they want in a car), but just calm down a little. i didnt see anyone arguing with you about what you want in a car.

:)
I was post #50. Does that mean this was my fault? I'm such a bad person... Hahaha.

Umm:

Jaguar F-Type:

• Brake Assist
  • Electronic Stability Control
  • Auto-On Headlights
  • Daytime Running Lights
  • Integrated Turn Signal Mirrors
  • Night Vision
  • Rollover Protection System
  • Traction Control
  • Emergency Trunk Release
  • Blind Spot Monitor
  • Auto-Leveling Headlights
  • Lane Departure Warning
:nixon:
Civic Type R: ~$35,000
Jaguar F-Type: ~$61,400

...:dunno: I mean, what are we trying to say here?

On a side note, I definitely LOL'd when I read the Jaguar has "Night Vision".
Sponsored

Last edited:

JYR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8th gen Si
Country flag
Umm:

Jaguar F-Type:

• Brake Assist
  • Electronic Stability Control
  • Auto-On Headlights
  • Daytime Running Lights
  • Integrated Turn Signal Mirrors
  • Night Vision
  • Rollover Protection System
  • Traction Control
  • Emergency Trunk Release
  • Blind Spot Monitor
  • Auto-Leveling Headlights
  • Lane Departure Warning
:nixon:
Just so we are clear, some of this stuff is government mandated safety equipment that has a fancy name. I'm surprised they don't list crumple zones as well.

I just find it hilarious that so many people throw around the "this car isn't for you"... I drive an actual vehicle that doesn't have anything. No ABS, no power steering, no electronic driving aids like traction control or cruise control, 1940 pounds, and literally as manual as you can get.

I'm allowed to purchase any car I want and I'm not asking for Honda to make a magical unicorn. I'm asking for the same car they are selling globally except North America lol

You people get so defensive of the name Type R... it's a modern car now. It has a billion air bags and speakers that go thump thump.
Until about a year ago, the Lotus played in a complete league of its own for the NA market. It is a fantastic car. The R is coming to play in another segment of the market and as mentioned, Honda is touting it as a car they intend for track purposes. Are there 'more sporty cars', yes...there are. There are plenty other cars that are 100% better than the R. If I had the cash it would require to buy a Lotus, I certainly would.

That said, the R should be recognized for what it is. Lane departure, adaptive cruise, comfort mode...we Americans are showing our true colors.

Banshee

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3, 07 Civic Si, 17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The irony in your post is suggesting that your own opinion is always right. If you want those features, buy an Si. The CTR is for drivers who can appreciate what the car is meant to be.
Ok, thank you for pointing out the errors in my ways.

bobafettm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Lotus Exige; 2018 & 2021 Honda Type R
Country flag
Don't fuss about it... he clearly is a race car driver with his mighty race car Type R lol!

If we wanted to buy the SI we would be on the SI forum... Clearly we enjoy aspects of the Type R if we are here. It's not like the people vocal about wanting daily driver features are upset at the looks or handling. They just wanted what every other country is receiving on their shores.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
Don't fuss about it... he clearly is a race car driver with his mighty race car Type R lol!

If we wanted to buy the SI we would be on the SI forum... Clearly we enjoy aspects of the Type R if we are here. It's not like the people vocal about wanting daily driver features are upset at the looks or handling. They just wanted what every other country is receiving on their shores.
Yep. Exactly this! I mean I REALLY didn't want navigation but it looks like I'm stuck getting that.

STiTCH87

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan, 2006 Scion TC

Uh oh looks like I ruffled a few feathers...
If you're here because you enjoy the aspects of the CTR, then embrace it for what it comes with, as well as what it does not.

A Geo Metro doesn't need sensing, never mind a Civic LX, never mind a CTR.

Give me one good scenario where you need the car to correct the steering wheel for you, or slam on the brakes for you.
If you're paying attention while driving, you should be able to do the same thing.
Is a computer reaction time shorter than a human? Of course. But my fractions of a second where you're really splitting hairs.

The further we distance ourselves from driving our cars, the less we are the ones driving our cars.

If you want the car to do things for you, perhaps you'd want the CTR to be an automatic transmission also?

If you want to look cool and have sensing and creature comforts but appear to be the R, you certainly can.
IMG_7414.JPG
And likely for less money since you aren't buying the performance features.

Last edited:

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If you want to look cool and have sensing and creature comforts but appear to be the R, you certainly can.
IMG_7414.JPG
Yes that thing is dope! But automatic. I can't compromise on transmission type. Automatic is not an option!

Wife insisted my next car have dual zone climate control and be able to hold 2 kids in the back...looks like the TypeR checks all boxes for her!
FWIW she almost refuses to drive my car now and when she does, she bi!c#e$ about it the whole time. Q300 with Vibrant catless header. I'm excited to get quieter and more powerful when I go to the R.
We've grown accustomed to the driver assist features in the MDX and I can appreciate their value which is why I wanted them in the R. It's not going to sway my decision to own one, however :). The fact that it has navigation is honestly almost enough to make me not want it, but I guess I can always switch the display to show other stuff instead of the map.

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Navigation adds like zero weight. Ill certainly be happy to use it rather than my data when I need a map. Data is expensive in Canada! Not to mention the SXM radio, my ex-t doesn't even have that, when every model in the USA has it!

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Navigation adds like zero weight. Ill certainly be happy to use it rather than my data when I need a map. Data is expensive in Canada! Not to mention the SXM radio, my ex-t doesn't even have that, when every model in the USA has it!
Oh dang for real? I didn't consider the SXM. I have been using Pandora/Amazon music for the last like 5-6 years in my Si through USB. It does technically work although there's limited control. Anyway, I'll be glad to use it for SXM and drop Pandora down to a free account!
But on the topic of weight, my guess is LDW adds almost no weight either. :) If you're driving the TypeR as 'it's meant to be driven,' you better not be looking down at your navi!!! haha!

I wonder if the car will have remote start like EU has...not sure if that's somehow tied to the auto-start-stop but I hope not!

So all in all, love the car. I just wonder who can help me out by selling me a set of power fold mirrors and switch!

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I was hoping with this car we would pretty much squash the JDM/EDM thing, but it looks like it will be alive and well!

Browncoat3000

Red 5 standing by
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can I just point out the Elephant in the room here, which I was trying to do with the partial list of F-type safety features:

This is a pre-production car.

We don't know that the production model will or won't have lane-watch.

There was some discussion a while back that the 2018 Civic was going to eliminate lane-watch in favor of a different blind-spot detection system. Perhaps the CTR has this system.

But until we see something that confirms it one way or another, all of this bickering is beyond pointless.

(*closes hatch on tank with metallic clang and yells, "INCOMING!")

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Oh dang for real? I didn't consider the SXM. I have been using Pandora/Amazon music for the last like 5-6 years in my Si through USB. It does technically work although there's limited control. Anyway, I'll be glad to use it for SXM and drop Pandora down to a free account!
But on the topic of weight, my guess is LDW adds almost no weight either. :) If you're driving the TypeR as 'it's meant to be driven,' you better not be looking down at your navi!!! haha!

I wonder if the car will have remote start like EU has...not sure if that's somehow tied to the auto-start-stop but I hope not!

So all in all, love the car. I just wonder who can help me out by selling me a set of power fold mirrors and switch!
I think we are pretty safe to say that the auto-stop won't make it here :bow:

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Can I just point out the Elephant in the room here, which I was trying to do with the partial list of F-type safety features:

This is a pre-production car.

We don't know that the production model will or won't have lane-watch.

There was some discussion a while back that the 2018 Civic was going to eliminate lane-watch in favor of a different blind-spot detection system. Perhaps the CTR has this system.

But until we see something that confirms it one way or another, all of this bickering is beyond pointless.

(*closes hatch on tank with metallic clang and yells, "INCOMING!")
We are just trying to keep ourselves out of the counsellors office @A2typeR we need to have something to talk about everyday in this fragile time so close to the real thing :drool:
Sponsored