STiTCH87

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan, 2006 Scion TC
For god sake, all you whining people...
It's 2017. If you still think carbon fiber is still cool, the world left you behind a decade ago.
If you need ANY sensing options on ANY car, especially a CTR, PLEASE do not get behind the wheel of any vehicle. That includes go karts and power wheels.

Molatte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sedan Touring
Vehicle Showcase
So people here bitch about Lane watch but when the CTR shown doesn't have Lane Watch, they cry about the US got a stripped down CTR.

JYR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8th gen Si
Country flag
So people here bitch about Lane watch but when the CTR shown doesn't have Lane Watch, they cry about the US got a stripped down CTR.
The people bitching are the people who want lane watch on their car Honda designed for the race track. Seriously.

Check out the webpage Honda has dedicated for the R. Where on this page does it indicate that they had intentions on lane watch and sensing technology for this caR? The Type R is not a car that is designed to do things that requires sensing and parking meters and lane watch and all of this other fancy, Buick-inspired technology. If this is what you desire, you should really reconsider spending money on the R.

Anyways, please find where Honda describes the R as the Buick, old lady inspired 4 door car.

http://automobiles.honda.com/future-cars/civic-type-r

It doesn't. When you open the page, you are first hit with a car apexing.

The first text reads:
Race-Ready from the Inside Out

• Race-inspired Lightweight Bucket Front Seats keep you in place during hard corners while still being comfortable enough for your daily drives
    • +R Driving Mode is one of three customized drive modes that automatically retunes the suspension, throttle and steering settings for maximum performance
    • A Customizable Digital Meter Display shows you boost pressure, g-forces and track times so you can maximize your performance
Paragraph #2:
A Heart-Racing Heritage

• The 2.0-liter i-VTEC® Turbocharged Engine is exclusive to the Civic Type R, kicking out 306 horsepower* and 295 lb.-ft. of torque*
    • The Adaptive Damper System (ADS) controls the suspension action for heart-pumping handling and stability on the road or the track
    • A Limited Slip Differential offers tighter cornering and better control for more confidence behind the wheel
Paragraph #3:
Lower, Wider, Road-Ready

• A Track-Tested Aero Kit features front and side splitters, a rear diffuser, vortex generators and a wing, all designed to keep the Civic Type R planted on the asphalt
    • The Center-Exit Triple-Exhaust Tip System bellows a throaty growl that announces the arrival of the Civic Type R to the world
    • 20-Inch Black Alloy Wheels keep the rubber on the road in style and frame the large, track-tested red brake calipers

bobafettm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Lotus Exige; 2018 & 2021 Honda Type R
Country flag
It's just hilarious because it's the people calling this car a race car... it's a fat four door vehicle on 20" rims, 12 speakers, and comfort mode lol

This is a road car capable of going decent speeds on the track... This is NOT a race car.

My complaint is my complaint alone and a hatred I've had with imported cars to America for years. We NEVER get the actual globally released vehicle. America always gets a stripped down vehicle comparable to Europe.

I thought we were finally going to have the same car as Europe outside of side marker coloring etc by law.

Not like I'm not buying the vehicle. I have money down for the 2nd car at my dealer and I've had it since January. Well before actual release info from Honda.

I'll gladly own this car as a daily driver. It would never replace my track car. It's a four door with trunk space, solid MPG, plus great crash rating.

I'm just as excited as everyone else here... dreaming about what I have my money down on. I have all my backgrounds as the CTR. Have my stock wheels hopefully sold before I drive it off the lot. I'm pumped! Just find it hilarious people love to call it a race car... it's definitely not that at all lol

And asking for the identical safety features the rest of the world has doesn't seem to be to much.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
The people bitching are the people who want lane watch on their car Honda designed for the race track. Seriously.

Check out the webpage Honda has dedicated for the R. Where on this page does it indicate that they had intentions on lane watch and sensing technology for this caR? The Type R is not a car that is designed to do things that requires sensing and parking meters and lane watch and all of this other fancy, Buick-inspired technology. If this is what you desire, you should really reconsider spending money on the R.

Anyways, please find where Honda describes the R as the Buick, old lady inspired 4 door car.

http://automobiles.honda.com/future-cars/civic-type-r

It doesn't. When you open the page, you are first hit with a car apexing.

The first text reads:
Race-Ready from the Inside Out

• Race-inspired Lightweight Bucket Front Seats keep you in place during hard corners while still being comfortable enough for your daily drives
    • +R Driving Mode is one of three customized drive modes that automatically retunes the suspension, throttle and steering settings for maximum performance
    • A Customizable Digital Meter Display shows you boost pressure, g-forces and track times so you can maximize your performance
Paragraph #2:
A Heart-Racing Heritage

• The 2.0-liter i-VTEC® Turbocharged Engine is exclusive to the Civic Type R, kicking out 306 horsepower* and 295 lb.-ft. of torque*
    • The Adaptive Damper System (ADS) controls the suspension action for heart-pumping handling and stability on the road or the track
    • A Limited Slip Differential offers tighter cornering and better control for more confidence behind the wheel
Paragraph #3:
Lower, Wider, Road-Ready

• A Track-Tested Aero Kit features front and side splitters, a rear diffuser, vortex generators and a wing, all designed to keep the Civic Type R planted on the asphalt
    • The Center-Exit Triple-Exhaust Tip System bellows a throaty growl that announces the arrival of the Civic Type R to the world
    • 20-Inch Black Alloy Wheels keep the rubber on the road in style and frame the large, track-tested red brake calipers

I respect what you're saying but offer you this- quotes from Kakenuma himself.

This is not as extreme a car as it could be perhaps.

Honda Civic 10th gen Black Honda Civic Type R seen in Ohio IMG_8974.PNG

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
More about the cars capabilities on the road.

Honda Civic 10th gen Black Honda Civic Type R seen in Ohio IMG_8975.PNG

Leetcivx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si
Country flag
Why are posts 50 through 58 so angry. it's a bunch of people arguing with nobody and seems like highschool teen angst. No offense to the posters, but really the thread kinda got derailed there for no reason. Not sure who you were talking to (or why you care what they want in a car), but just calm down a little. i didnt see anyone arguing with you about what you want in a car.

:)

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Why are posts 50 through 58 so angry. it's a bunch of people arguing with nobody and seems like highschool teen angst. No offense to the posters, but really the thread kinda got derailed there for no reason. Not sure who you were talking to (or why you care what they want in a car), but just calm down a little. i didnt see anyone arguing with you about what you want in a car.

:)
We are passionate about this thing!! Haha I love it!
Sponsored