s2kdriver80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
If this is in fact a "actual production model and not like a pre-production model or test mule, then it would appear that the US is not getting lane watch as it is not on the mirror in this image.
That dirt on the car is driving me crazy as well.
Look on the bright side, we wouldn't have that eyesore of a camera housing bulging out of the mirror, not to mention the asymmetry with the other side. :)

JYR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8th gen Si
Country flag
Preproduction cars are beginning to arrive to the US for more, in-depth testing.

As previously stated:
Pre-production development vehicles should begin to arrive to the US shortly. There is a small issue with the R, I won't disclose it. It shouldn't hold up production or deliveries.

Current schedule:

Production begins next week, week of March 20th
Orders and dealer allocation begins mid-April
Deliveries begin last week of May-first week of June

bobafettm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Lotus Exige; 2018 & 2021 Honda Type R
Country flag
Another car that America gets the half ass version while the rest of the world gets the REAL production car.

Gotta love it...

I'm sure mine will be just as dirty the majority of the time :)

JYR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8th gen Si
Country flag
Another car that America gets the half ass version while the rest of the world gets the REAL production car.
Gotta love it...
Not real sure what you are referring to. This is the production car in 100% production form.

About the only difference in these cars will be govt crash warning stickers and fuel ratings, which are both outside of any manufactures control.

pie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 R32 GTR, 2010 WRX STi, 2002 EP3 SiR
If this is in fact a "actual production model and not like a pre-production model or test mule, then it would appear that the US is not getting lane watch as it is not on the mirror in this image.
That dirt on the car is driving me crazy as well.
But the Canadian version... :hmm:. Each update brings us just a little bit closer. Thanks!

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase

Gotta love it...

Ya why are you so rattled now..

bobafettm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Lotus Exige; 2018 & 2021 Honda Type R
Country flag
It's not the full Type R... the full Type R comes with all the identical features that Euro and the rest of the world receives. We are receiving a stripped down product.

Now if there is a cost savings that will be shown I'll accept that yet I sure comparably this car will cost equal to the costs standard in the other countries it's sold. Except we are missing pieces.

It will also be interesting to see if the carbon fiber package is included in all Euro models but excluded here for the identical cost.