Black Honda Civic Type R seen in Ohio

JYR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8th gen Si
Country flag
I'm curious.. What exactly is this fk8, and who's driving the damn thing? Is it just a mule or a pre production car that honda's registered and insured?
There are several pre-production R's that are beginning to roll into the states as we speak. Honda, as they have mentioned, is putting on road-show type events for the dealerships so they can learn what the R is all about and get a first hand look at the caR. I know many think the R is an engine and a few bolt on goodies, but it is far from that and a completely new product that the dealers need to learn. I think it also sets the stage for future product from Honda as they attempt to re-enter the performance segment.

There are about a half a dozen R's that will be on the road for testing, placed all over the country to log as many miles as they can.

Last edited:

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
Is this true? Hopefully we'll get a msrp

IMG_1618.PNG
Yes sir it is! I'm with you- I hope we get MSRP. That's really the only thing I don't know that I 'care' enough about to do something about although mid30s is good enough. I was hoping it would come in under 45.

@JYR I've seen pics from inside the town hall in Boston and from D.C. this week. Wonder where the others are. The dealers I'm working with don't seem to know anything about these town halls.

shutupish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 honda civic
Country flag
Yes sir it is! I'm with you- I hope we get MSRP. That's really the only thing I don't know that I 'care' enough about to do something about although mid30s is good enough. I was hoping it would come in under 45.

@JYR I've seen pics from inside the town hall in Boston and from D.C. this week. Wonder where the others are. The dealers I'm working with don't seem to know anything about these town halls.
Same im hoping its 33-34k if its 35k it will honestly be a 40k car with all the fees and warranty.

Phosky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Civic DX
Country flag
So thus far we've seen it in white, red and black. Are there any other known colors for the CTR?

MrPink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
to tell you the truth I hardly use lane watch... it's annoying! i'll admit i do use it to watch for bikers when making a right turn, but other then that ur driving skills should be sufficient.. it might help with that last min check, but again i hardly use it... and the mirror looks ugly.. and if it ever breaks it's just another thing to fix

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So thus far we've seen it in white, red and black. Are there any other known colors for the CTR?
There was a color chart at Geneva, but of course no telling what market it was for...

Phosky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Civic DX
Country flag
Awesome! I see:
Crystal Black
Polished Metal
Sonic Gray
Championship White
Brilliant Sporty Blue
Rally Red

That's a ton of colors! I'm leaning toward PM or SG myself :)

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Those might be the EU colors. Are we to assume that NA and EU will receive the same color options?
I don't think we can assume anything. Especially not on colors. They used to make the ITR in red and that never made it here.

All-Knowing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NSX
Country flag

Ohio has had one since October I'm told.