Black Honda Civic Type R seen in Ohio

bobafettm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Lotus Exige; 2018 & 2021 Honda Type R
Country flag
Run over pull all that stealth tape off and take a photo!!! It's the first black we've seen and it's one I desperately want photos of lol!!!

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like the front (faux) CF lip will need constant TLC to keep it looking shiny.
How is this "faux"? It's black plastic, it's not "trying" to look like CF. I much prefer this than a fake "FAUX" overlay wrap.

romulanvox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord CL7A JDM
Country flag
How is this "faux"? It's black plastic, it's not "trying" to look like CF. I much prefer this than a fake "FAUX" overlay wrap.
From various pics of the prototype and in Geneva, the front lip looks to have patterns resembling CF, at least that's what it looks like to me. Granted, it's not mentioned in any specs about the material of the front lip. Or did I miss something?

jpmelfi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR #706, 07 S2k
Country flag
If you look at the picture of the front the left side of the lip definitely has a carbon fiber weave look, but the right side looks like straight plastic

A2typeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si sedan (TSP stage 1) 2016 Mazda Miata Club (Brembo BBS pack)
Country flag
It looks pretty ugly. Why did they decide to do the white decals???

Maybe it looks better in white since they won't be as noticable...

J35W2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 supercharged Civic Si (sold), '06 Civic Si (sold) , '14 V6-6MT Accord Coupe (sold), '17 CTR #1637, '18 Civic LX Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Damn, all the salt spray covering that thing just made my heart skip a few beats. I'm going down stairs to take inventory of all my detailing supplies. Doesn't look like the US will be getting lane watch; How does that make any sense?

JDhonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 CTR #2043, 03 S2000, 05 Element, 69 Charger
Damn, all the salt spray covering that thing just made my heart skip a few beats. I'm going down stairs to take inventory of all my detailing supplies. Doesn't look like the US will be getting lane watch; How does that make any sense?
If this is in fact a "actual production model and not like a pre-production model or test mule, then it would appear that the US is not getting lane watch as it is not on the mirror in this image.
That dirt on the car is driving me crazy as well.

Solis#1730

ScarFace#1730
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback
Country flag
If this is in fact a "actual production model and not like a pre-production model or test mule, then it would appear that the US is not getting lane watch as it is not on the mirror in this image.
That dirt on the car is driving me crazy as well.

If the usdm version doesn't come with the extra gadgets that just means it will be lighter which isn't a bad thing imo.
Sponsored