Best quote/otd price so far

Shyang13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Civic EX, 2009 Accord LX
Country flag
I'm in central New Jersey. Here is the best offer I got from contacting numerous dealers and fleets over the last month or so. Might take the plunge in a few weeks. Let me know your thoughts. Good buy or should I negotiate more?

Model: 2016 Honda Civic EX-T w/Sensing
Internet Price: $21,689.00
Sales Tax: $1,518.23
Doc Fee: $369.00
Total: $23,576.23

(Plus Applicable Motor Vehicle Fees)

Model: 2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Internet Price: $22,152.00
Sales Tax: $1,550.64
Total: $24,071.64

Model: 2016 Honda Civic EX-L w/Sensing

Internet Price: $23,078.00
Sales Tax: $1,615.46
Total: $25,062.46

Model: 2016 Honda Civic Touring

Internet Price: $24,744.00
Sales Tax: $1,732.08
Total: $26,845.05

Sponsored

crea78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Accord Sport, 2016 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
What is a fair price to pay OTD for an EX-T without the sensing package?

OP
OP

Shyang13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Didn't ask. I am only considering the trims I listed.

OP
OP

Shyang13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
When you guys mention MSRP here, does it include the destination fee of $835? Something I'm still confused about.

crea78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Trying to get quotes around me as well [EX-T, no sensing]. One dealer wanted over $24,300 OTD which is too high for an EX-T. Another dealer is $23,696 and has better accessories (no PINSTRIPE) with NC legal tint, mud guards, wheel locks, and trunk tray. I was planning on getting tint and the trunk tray anyways. With WOP + black interior not being popular choice ATM, I'm hoping this is a good deal since they don't pop up much like other colors.

I am guessing with the delivery fee, doc fees, accessories, tax, and title/registration included in the full price, I am saving about $1150.

Last edited:

firstblud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
23,078.00 for the EX-L with Sensing sounds crazy good. I'm assuming that's just before TTL. $22,942 is the invoice. Is there a lot of inventory over there or something? Best I've heard over the phone so far is $23950 for EX-L with sensing through Costco.

firstblud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Just got back from a dealer. They're selling through the Costco program. The sheet they showed me for the EX-L said "$50 Under Invoice" and they showed me another shoot that said the invoice value was $24,006 - a far cry from $22,942. They said the difference was the $835 destination fee plus an advertising fee. Is this expected?

Anyhow, the OTD in So Cal came to about $26,591.

optikalillusi0n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Trying to get quotes around me as well [EX-T, no sensing]. One dealer wanted over $24,300 OTD which is too high for an EX-T. Another dealer is $23,696 and has better accessories (no PINSTRIPE) with NC legal tint, mud guards, wheel locks, and trunk tray. I was planning on getting tint and the trunk tray anyways. With WOP + black interior not being popular choice ATM, I'm hoping this is a good deal since they don't pop up much like other colors.

I am guessing with the delivery fee, doc fees, accessories, tax, and title/registration included in the full price, I am saving about $1150.
Sorry to sound ignorant. But what exactly are pinstripes? I've heard it on here a few times. Thanks in advance!

crea78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Pinstripes are the painted lines going down both sides of the car. Not sure why some dealers love to do this. Here is an example...

Honda Civic 10th gen Best quote/otd price so far 6662d1333712344-pinstripe-color-cimg0359

woohoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX

Hi Crea78, I was shopping around in the charlotte area for good deals on the civic too and found that Scott Clark Honda had some of the best deals on the new civic. I had just brought my Civic EX trim (black exterior/ivory interior) for $22,100 OTD (included in this price was pinstripe (the pinstripe on this car looks really nice! its like a golden color), tinted windows, mud guards, paint protectant, wheel locks, door handle protectant film, tax, tag, title, destination fee, nitrogen tires, and body molding)

crea78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I got a quote from them on an EX-T for $24,295 compared to Rock Hill at $23,696. They were willing to negotiate further. I told them no for now since my wife wants to wait until after New Years to purchase the car.

Woo hoo, if you have the car, can you post a picture of the pinstripe. I have one on my Accord Sport and rather not have it on the Civic.

crea78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Crea78, I was shopping around in the charlotte area for good deals on the civic too and found that Scott Clark Honda had some of the best deals on the new civic. I had just brought my Civic EX trim (black exterior/ivory interior) for $22,100 OTD (included in this price was pinstripe (the pinstripe on this car looks really nice! its like a golden color), tinted windows, mud guards, paint protectant, wheel locks, door handle protectant film, tax, tag, title, destination fee, nitrogen tires, and body molding)
How do your tinted windows look? Usually I will have someone else do this, but wondering how they turn out after receiving a car from the dealership. I'm sure they contract this work out to local shops to do the work for them.

woohoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
How do your tinted windows look? Usually I will have someone else do this, but wondering how they turn out after receiving a car from the dealership. I'm sure they contract this work out to local shops to do the work for them.
Hi I've attached photos of the pinstripe and tinted windows ! I don't prefer tinted windows with a black car (my mom who purchased the car wanted it tinted), but in other colors it looks really good. I checked my windows and they tinted it 77%. The windows actually look darker than the photos but my iPhone kept making it lighter than it is lol. Let me know if you wanted anymore photos !

Attachments