Best changes for 2018 Civic Si?

hjstrain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
All
I posted here previously that I decided to keep my 2006 Civic Si after seeing driving the 2017. I have been following most of the blogs here to see what you all are doing to your cars. What do you think Honda should do for the 2018 or 2019 Civic Si to make it a better car and save all this aftermarket action to get the car "right?"
Sponsored

CEPA_Si

Detailing Guru
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2014 Kia Optima SX-t, 2010 Chevy Traverse LTZ
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honestly I have been quite happy with my Si. The big thing I would want to see changed though is leather/vinyl center console and armrests on the doors. Would also be nice if the radio would stay on when you shut the car off till you open the doors. Other then that I really don't have many gripes with the car.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honestly I have been quite happy with my Si. The big thing I would want to see changed though is leather/vinyl center console and armrests on the doors. Would also be nice if the radio would stay on when you shut the car off till you open the doors. Other then that I really don't have many gripes with the car.
That would be nice for the radio but you can always turn it on by holding the push start button

Gibzader

First Name
Rhyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2017 Mazda CX-3
My only issue is i wish i could actually use my phone when its plugged into android auto other then that i haven't anything i don't like about it (besides not being able to turn traction control off completely)

2CAMS

First Name
CP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI 2017
Country flag
well, if you are trying to avoid the "aftermarket action" then one should get a M3, GTR or perhaps the Type R itself. I am very satisfied with my SI and the power it makes (it doesnt need the aftermarket parts, but I am still going to get them cause I enjoy doing it)

neteng101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Its kinda pointless since nothing will change so soon and certainly any changes won't be drastic.

OP - your best bet is to hope the CTR ADM phase dies off in 2018 and get one of those instead.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
well, if you are trying to avoid the "aftermarket action" then one should get a M3, GTR or perhaps the Type R itself. I am very satisfied with my SI and the power it makes (it doesnt need the aftermarket parts, but I am still going to get them cause I enjoy doing it)
Agreed. I too am very pleased with the SI. Great power that can easily get even better via a tune. Class leading handling. And 45 real world mpg on the highway.

Loccust

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI Coupe
I am very happy with the car so nothing to really change other than the already mentioned armrest material.

CivicSi#38

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 Acura Integra, 2015 Honda CR-V, 2017 Honda Civic Si, 1990 Acura Integra (sold), 2001 Acura Integra GS-R (sold), 2011 Honda Civic Si (sold), 2007 Honda CBR 600RR (sold)
Country flag
I agree with this. And in additional ditch the chrome trim all together on the outside. Put a real clutch in there. I'm happy with the motor but a bit more power out of the 1.5 would be nice or a detuned 2.0.

invader

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Corolla Hatch SE 6-spd
Country flag
The Si is based on the 2017 EX-T which is still in production until around September. The 2018 Si will appear around October along with other 2018 year-model Civics. Expect few to no changes.
No worries about the US Si getting the LED headlights for 2018. They don't perform well and are more expensive. Those are the things Honda looks at instead of a handful of customers wanting them.

A volume knob is very unlikely until an MMC or FMC for 2019-2021.

Blind Spot Monitoring in place of the Lane Watch camera? Very doubtful.

Remote start for manuals? That's already possible (Ford does it), but Honda probably realizes the safety and liability issues involved and chooses not to implement it.

Definitely no hatchback Si. :)

Navigation? That would have been easy to do already since it already exists in other Civics. Honda chose not to offer it. The take rate in past Si models was probably low. Honda could do an about-face if there was sufficient demand, but it definitely wouldn't be standard as that would raise the price of the car significantly.

One of the only things that might happen is a new or revised paint color - that's typically what happens from year to year.

Additional features typically don't occur until an MMC or FMC and it's not quite time for that - especially with how well the 10th generation Civic as a whole has been selling. There's little incentive to change a winning formula.

HarlowQuinn

First Name
Harlow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
I agree with this. And in additional ditch the chrome trim all together on the outside.
100% agree with that part, I didn’t quite understand why it even have the chrome trim, looks quite out of place. I think my first mod it’s going to be to black out the Chrome around the windows and give it a proper look. The black out of the grill definitely made a significant difference in my appreciation for the styling, had it not had that I probably would be blacking that out also

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
That would be nice for the radio but you can always turn it on by holding the push start button
Annoying that a Bluetooth call would drop when I turn off the engine.
Hopefully there is a software update to fix this.
Sponsored