Backup Camera Problem

somarilnos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
So took my car in for my first oil change and tire rotation. After getting it back, it looks like the backup camera is no longer pointed towards the ... well, back.

It basically looks like it's pointed downwards. With the wide angle, I can see SOME behind the car, and a really good look at my license plate. With the narrow angle, I can see directly onto the ground immediately behind my car.

Anyone run into anything similar? With the timing, I'm not certain whether this was something that got damaged while they had my car in the shop, or if it's just a coincidence and it's a normal warranty problem with the car. Either way, this is particularly annoying given that this is not a car designed to have good visibility out the back without the camera.
Sponsored

Ultrafrozen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gavnzdad
Did you or dealer change the setting? Three settings: normal, wide and looking down as you describe. You see these options when in reverse I think.

OP
OP

somarilnos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
Did you or dealer change the setting? Three settings: normal, wide and looking down as you describe. You see these options when in reverse I think.
No, I normally keep it on wide. At every setting though, it's definitely not the same look as I had before. Just looking way down.

pwschuh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX 6-speed
Country flag
When you say "it looks like it's pointing down" do you mean the camera itself or the image on the screen? Have you walked to the back to the car and looked at the camera to see if it looks like it has been dislodged?

OP
OP

somarilnos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
When you say "it looks like it's pointing down" do you mean the camera itself or the image on the screen? Have you walked to the back to the car and looked at the camera to see if it looks like it has been dislodged?
The image on the screen. The housing itself for the camera looks like it's in the normal place. Might be an issue with the lens itself inside the housing, or something else, can't be certain.

nestor2909

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring
Country flag
i have other cars with rear view camera.... and in my opinion the rear view camera of honda civic is not accurate.... is so disapointing....

Boz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX Sedan - Modern Steel Metalic / Black
Country flag
i have other cars with rear view camera.... and in my opinion the rear view camera of honda civic is not accurate.... is so disapointing....
Why? Are you backing over things that don't appear in the camera display? Or what's happening to make you say "in my opinion the rear view camera of honda civic is not accurate"?

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No, I normally keep it on wide. At every setting though, it's definitely not the same look as I had before. Just looking way down.
Could you post a pic of what you are seeing on the screen?

pwschuh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX 6-speed
Country flag
This is the first car I've owned with a back-up camera and I don't use it very much. I prefer to use the mirrors or turn around and look. But the few times I've wanted to use it, it seems to work pretty well for what I've needed it for. It is most useful for backing out of a parking space, since the wide-angle view lets you see if anyone is coming when you are parked in between two SUVS or mini-vans and have no good sight lines.
Sponsored