Unibrow Tail Lights

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
From reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Honda/comments/6odwig/if_you_want_leds_auxbeam_is_having_a_really_good/
You can also save an extra %10 plus free shipping using coupon code "drifthappy".

Anyways, I know nothing about LEDS. This one on their website has some good reviews. Should I go through with it? Also, would I need the LED conversion Headlight option they have (+ $17.99)? Just wanted to hear from people with more experience with LEDs before I get them.

Link to LEDs: https://www.auxbeam.com/88621846
Sponsored

H23civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
From reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Honda/comments/6odwig/if_you_want_leds_auxbeam_is_having_a_really_good/
You can also save an extra %10 plus free shipping using coupon code "drifthappy".

Anyways, I know nothing about LEDS. This one on their website has some good reviews. Should I go through with it? Also, would I need the LED conversion Headlight option they have (+ $17.99)? Just wanted to hear from people with more experience with LEDs before I get them.

Link to LEDs: https://www.auxbeam.com/88621846
It looks they already come with the ballasts that you need. The conversion option might be for other vehicles where the wiring may be different to where the headlights cut off and on differently. Should be everything you need. I haven't heard of the company but they have good reviews. Light output seems to be on the lower end of the spectrum but not bad for the price.

OP
OP
Unibrow Tail Lights

Unibrow Tail Lights

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
It looks they already come with the ballasts that you need. The conversion option might be for other vehicles where the wiring may be different to where the headlights cut off and on differently. Should be everything you need. I haven't heard of the company but they have good reviews. Light output seems to be on the lower end of the spectrum but not bad for the price.
Ahh okay thanks! I'm thinking I should just save up a little and get the Morimotos instead. Afterall, these are my long term bulbs and might as well go all out on them. Not sure yet.

H23civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
Ahh okay thanks! I'm thinking I should just save up a little and get the Morimotos instead. Afterall, these are my long term bulbs and might as well go all out on them. Not sure yet.
I've heard great things about the morimotos from users on here. I went with the hikaris I got off amazon on sale which are plenty bright. However I may switch those to my fog lights and put the morimotos in my low beams. I would definitely go with a really good product out of the gate, otherwise you may end up switching bulbs several times over, which is what I did on my 9th gen. Lol

OP
OP
Unibrow Tail Lights

Unibrow Tail Lights

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
I've heard great things about the morimotos from users on here. I went with the hikaris I got off amazon on sale which are plenty bright. However I may switch those to my fog lights and put the morimotos in my low beams. I would definitely go with a really good product out of the gate, otherwise you may end up switching bulbs several times over, which is what I did on my 9th gen. Lol
Oh okay thanks! Well you just persuaded me to get some morimotos. Okay I just purchased them (I left this comment open lol) and I'm pretty sure its plug and play. I got Nokya 2500k Hyper Yellow bulbs for my foglights and some yellow tint, I'm waiting for those to come in. Thanks for helping me out :nixon:

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
Country flag
Some say LEDs are rather diffused (is that the correct word?) when installed in projector housings and HIDs give better and brighter focused beams. Any comments? Two things that keep me from buying the SI now are 1) lack of LED or HID and 2) No spare.

H23civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
Oh okay thanks! Well you just persuaded me to get some morimotos. Okay I just purchased them (I left this comment open lol) and I'm pretty sure its plug and play. I got Nokya 2500k Hyper Yellow bulbs for my foglights and some yellow tint, I'm waiting for those to come in. Thanks for helping me out :nixon:
No problem man. I love the hikaris but the morimotos looks slightly brighter on down the road lighting. There's only a difference of 400 lumens total on output. 9600 lumens for hikari and 10,000 for morimoto. Lumen output seems to be a good judge of the performance of the light. I had opt 7's before on my 9th gen and thought they were pretty bright at 7200 lumens. However the hikari are much better. There are some that produce 12,000 but they we're upwards around 200$ for a set. Good luck and let us know your results!

H23civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
Some say LEDs are rather diffused (is that the correct word?) when installed in projector housings and HIDs give better and brighter focused beams. Any comments? Two things that keep me from buying the SI now are 1) lack of LED or HID and 2) No spare.
I don't feel like they're diffused, if anything they are more focused with light output on projectors versus the standard type headlight assemblies found on the 9th gens. My led headlights on my 9th gen went all over the place where as on the 10th gen they produce a nice clean, focused beam of light that isn't blinding, just brighter in every way than the factory halogens. I was upset about the lack of leds in the new si at first but it was easily remedied.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
How many lumens per bulb would be necessary to at least match the output from the stock halogens?