Audio Touchscreen System Tips & Tricks

Ajax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Rallye Red
I found the diagnostic mode for the touchscreen/radio. Hold Audio+Brightness+Menu for 4 seconds. Like most of the other Honda platforms, you can check diagostic info on the entire vehicle's network running through the head unit.

Also, just going under "Settings" and selecting "Change Skins" changes the graphic user interface. I personally think it is easier to navigate control and allows for better customization.

Are there any other tips or tricks out there?
Sponsored

Last edited:

t3hub3rk1tten

Threads
Reaction score
Website
mwe.st
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring MSM
First thing I did when I had time was drill through all the settings menus, so many options, so little time. One easy fix for the knocking subwoofer is to drop the volume one or two steps.

"
p. 245.JPG
By knocking subwoofer, do you mean a rattle like described here?

Threemaples

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX, 2011 Hyundai Sante Fe
I found the diagnostic mode for the touchscreen/radio. Hold Home+Brightness+Menu for 4 seconds. Like most of the other Honda platforms, you can check diagostic info on the entire vehicle's network running through the head unit.

Also, just going under "Settings" and selecting "Change Skins" changes the graphic user interface. I personally think it is easier to navigate control and allows for better customization.

Are there any other tips or tricks out there?
Thanks for pointer re other skin....it is way better !

OP
OP
Ajax

Ajax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like the ability to easily customize the layout of the tiles and also how many functions such as directly accessing the radio station list, my phone book. My home screen pretty much consists of my Audio, phone and info tiles with the attached small quick access buttons.

When I first changed the skin, the tiles were laid out pretty dumb by default.

lightthief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Civic Touring
Country flag
I like the ability to easily customize the layout of the tiles and also how many functions such as directly accessing the radio station list, my phone book. My home screen pretty much consists of my Audio, phone and info tiles with the attached small quick access buttons.

When I first changed the skin, the tiles were laid out pretty dumb by default.
How do you change the layout?

OP
OP
Ajax

Ajax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You change the layout by holding your finger and it will automatically enter Home Sxreen Edit Order. Then move the tile around or to another page. It is similar to android or iOS. But you select the trash can to delete an app/tile.

There are a couple ways you can change the background but it's buried deep. Go into "Settings", then "System", then select "Detail Information" at the very bottom. Then you'll enter the Android Settings page. From there select "Display", then "Wallpaper", you can then select one of the cool live wallpapers or system wallpapers. You can also put .jpgs on a USB and up them to your gallery and make one your wallpaper.

This audio system is not intuitive at all. It is pretty sad. The majority of car owners don't want to deal with the complexity. They should have made it as simple as possible like Chrysler did with their Uconnect format. I haven't met anyone that hates that user interface.

lightthief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Civic Touring
Country flag
You change the layout by holding your finger and it will automatically enter Home Sxreen Edit Order. Then move the tile around or to another page. It is similar to android or iOS. But you select the trash can to delete an app/tile.

There are a couple ways you can change the background but it's buried deep. Go into "Settings", then "System", then select "Detail Information" at the very bottom. Then you'll enter the Android Settings page. From there select "Display", then "Wallpaper", you can then select one of the cool live wallpapers or system wallpapers. You can also put .jpgs on a USB and up them to your gallery and make one your wallpaper.

This audio system is not intuitive at all. It is pretty sad. The majority of car owners don't want to deal with the complexity. They should have made it as simple as possible like Chrysler did with their Uconnect format. I haven't met anyone that hates that user interface.
http://www.civicx.com/threads/so-many-options-for-phone-integration-so-little-time.715/

Gripes about this dog of a system are covered well here.

Yeah I'm not sure what they were thinking.

bhorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX HS Sedan
Country flag
I'm finding that the live wallpaper only works with the car stopped. If in motion, it reverts to the static wallpaper.

bhorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX HS Sedan
Country flag
Holding down the audio power button brings up the restart menu.

AirCooled

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring , others
As stated per above post, holding down power for 2 seconds yields:

Honda Civic 10th gen Audio Touchscreen System Tips & Tricks IMG_0726.JPG

Now....what I am *NOT* getting is the Diagnostic Menu as described with HOME+BRIGHTNESS+ MENU (for four seconds). Any tips...?

OP
OP
Ajax

Ajax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As stated per above post, holding down power for 2 seconds yields:

IMG_0726.JPG

Now....what I am *NOT* getting is the Diagnostic Menu as described with HOME+BRIGHTNESS+ MENU (for four seconds). Any tips...?

Sorry I meant "Audio"+"Brightness"+"Menu". I edited the original posting.

AirCooled

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring , others
Bravo Sir, bravo....

I took a short video of the "Detail Information and Setting" menus.

I don't show much, just enough to show the interface and some of the options - but it will take a while to get through them all.

(Obviously guys, standard disclaimer applies. I do NOT recommend you set anything via these menus if you do not know what you are doing. You proceed at your own risk.)
Sponsored

Last edited: