Audio just stops working misteriously

Ken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016 Touring
Country flag
Hi,
I have a civic touring. My audio just stops for some reason. I can't figure out whether it's after I connect my Android Nexus 5(fully updated) or at other times. Radio doesn't play...android apps don't produce sound but the music is playing and the Google Maps are navigating. Also Google Now commands work but with no audio feedback from google.

They only thing so far that has helped was to turn off the car...leave for a bit then come back and it works again.

I haven't tried to hold the power button to restart the android system on the display yet. But am I supposed to do this every time this happens? I had this 2.5 days and it happened 4 times already.

Also will there be software updates that we can install? This is clearly a bug...that they need to fix.

Thanks!
Sponsored

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
Also will there be software updates that we can install? This is clearly a bug...that they need to fix.
By all means share it with Honda. They aren't going to update anything until they feel lots of pain from customers.

Honda In-Car Technology Support desk: (888) 528-7876

JAD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sedan Touring 2016
I bought my car yesterday. The audio stopped working on the lot (after the purchase). They spent 1 1/2 hours trying to figure out why and thought it was due to a loose connection. A mile later, it happened again. Went back to the dealer and it started to work. Has happened twice since. Very upset about this. It seems to be a widespread issue. I tried the reboot suggested by someone and it didn't work. Will be back at dealer tomorrow and will call Honda to complain.

Also, does anyone know where speaker adjustments are, like fade, balance? I cannot find them in settings and there is nothing in the manual. I would appreciate any help.

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
does anyone know where speaker adjustments are, like fade, balance? I cannot find them in settings and there is nothing in the manual. I would appreciate any help.
See OM pgs 210 and 245.

JAD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sedan Touring 2016
See OM pgs 210 and 245.
Thank you SO much! I appreciate the help. I was looking at the book they gave me instead of the online manual. It worked.

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I was looking at the book they gave me instead of the online manual.
You didn't get a copy of the full manual?

JAD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sedan Touring 2016
You didn't get a copy of the full manual?
They gave me a small blue manual that is 157 pages long. I also received a CD but do not have a CD on my computer.

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I recall, now, someone else saying that they only got the full manual on CD. That's so, well, 2010. Hope you are enjoying your new car aside from the state-of-the-art infotainment, uhh, features.

lightthief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Civic Touring
Country flag
I bought my car yesterday. The audio stopped working on the lot (after the purchase). They spent 1 1/2 hours trying to figure out why and thought it was due to a loose connection. A mile later, it happened again. Went back to the dealer and it started to work. Has happened twice since. Very upset about this. It seems to be a widespread issue. I tried the reboot suggested by someone and it didn't work. Will be back at dealer tomorrow and will call Honda to complain.

Also, does anyone know where speaker adjustments are, like fade, balance? I cannot find them in settings and there is nothing in the manual. I would appreciate any help.
The software is bad. Period.
There are no loose connections.
A dealership won't be able to fix it.
They need to patch it and that's going to be s long time or never.

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If it is, it's still likely a design or manufacturing problem given the number of reports of the same issue. If we see more than one report, the population of cars and posters is so small here, and electronics are generally so reliable, that it is unlikely to be just random failure.

t3hub3rk1tten

Threads
Reaction score
Website
mwe.st
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring MSM
Could still be a hardware failure.
If it is, it's still likely a design or manufacturing problem given the number of reports of the same issue. If we see more than one report, the population of cars and posters is so small here, and electronics are generally so reliable, that it is unlikely to be just random failure.
I just want to add... I have a Touring, and a Nexus 5 just like Ken. I use Android Auto sometimes, and Bluetooth other times. Occasionally I switch to SiriusXM. I haven't had any sound issue in a week of ownership, with ~400 miles driven.

While it's a bad issue, it doesn't affect everyone. It's probably a combination of certain actions and phone quirks/software that cause it. Give Honda a chance to fix it.

mjones5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Pilot, 2004 Honda CRV, 2006 Honda Civic
I did read in another thread that it is possible that the Navi audio is the issue ? Try going to the navigation audio and turn that up there. I don't recall where the link or thread is. Maybe someone else ?