ASEAN / JDM Clear Side Markers now available on Ebay!

jplenge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 EX
I wanted those clear side markers too, but after doing some research i found that clear side markers are illegal in the US. i researched also the washington state law and the answer is in the FAQ. If you get into an accident with clear side markers or HIDs (all aftermarket HID are illegal in the US) or your car has things that are not legal, the other party can sue you for operating an illegal vehicle and you will be in a lot of trouble. I rather be carefull.

Rawnerve1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 crv
Country flag
I wanted those clear side markers too, but after doing some research i found that clear side markers are illegal in the US. i researched also the washington state law and the answer is in the FAQ. If you get into an accident with clear side markers or HIDs (all aftermarket HID are illegal in the US) or your car has things that are not legal, the other party can sue you for operating an illegal vehicle and you will be in a lot of trouble. I rather be carefull.
I really dont think cops are worried about clear side markers..

aaronarf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Tacoma, 16' Civic Touring
Country flag
and sold out!

That would never hold up in court...no way two small side markers will be the singular cause for an accident. Now if you had frame or suspension modifications causing a wheel to fall off or something, sure...

Yeti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
I really wanted them, but after conversion at $96 CDN Shipped. I will definitely pass and wait for other manufacturers to make them.

KenWin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The seller just restocked these :headbang:

I've been looking for a good DYI on replacing the side markers when they come in. Anyone know how?

jplenge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 EX
the problem is that the clear side markers dont have reflectors for other cars to see you when you are on the side.

jplenge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 EX
the orange reflectors are sometimes part of the headlight or independent like the civic 16.

ES EF ED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L , 2011 CTS-V
Country flag
For everyone that's worried about getting a ticket and what not..you most be new to the car game / scene . I been doing this mod to my cars since 1995 (1995 civic and multiple other cars )if there is a OEM version of the Lens and I've never got a ticket and everyone else that I know that has done this never got a ticket specifically for having the lens clear . People have gotten tickets for using either a red bulb or those 'hyper white ' bulbs since your cannot have red or blue bulbs in the front of the vehicle only law enforcement vehicles can . I've owned severel Porsches and if you see other porsxhe enthusiasts as well, they do this exact same swap / mod. Majority of owners use Amber bulbs I've rarely seen clear or white LED bulbs. The lens placement and shape is almost exactly like the ones on the civicx .

Honda Civic 10th gen ASEAN / JDM Clear Side Markers now available on Ebay! attachment
Honda Civic 10th gen ASEAN / JDM Clear Side Markers now available on Ebay! s-l225

Akirazstylin

Spread a little aloha wherever you go!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Touring sedan
Vehicle Showcase
California cops are angels. We are not new to this game. LoL

Last edited: