Admin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
With Honda promising the 2016 Civic will return to a more fun and sporty form, this should hopefully continue...

The Civic and Accord have sold more than a million vehicles to Millennials in the last 11 years.

Apr. 23, 2015 / PRZen / BOSTON -- New England Honda Dealers is proud to announce that the Honda Accord and Civic have been the best-selling cars for drivers under 35 for over a decade, having sold over a million of the two vehicles to Millennials in the last 11 years.

For the last 11 years, the top spot in retail car sales among young drivers has been either the Civic or the Accord:

The Accord started things off from 2004 to 2006 The Civic took the top spot from 2007 until 2013. The Accord took the mantle back for the 2014 model year. Only time will tell which vehicle will take the top spot among the under-35 crowd for the 2015 model year, but if sales of the Civic and the Accord for the first few months of the year are any indication, the Accord will continue to be on top to be dethroned by the recently previewed 10th-generation Honda Civic for the 2016 model year.

For those who haven't been following the auto news cycle, the new Civic debuted to great fanfare and is bringing back the hatchback body style along with a sport-tuned Type-R model and a turbocharged four-cylinder engine.

After speaking with sales team members at New England Honda Dealers, this looks to be just the start of things, with Millennial-targeted offerings expanding greatly in the coming years.

With the upcoming 2016 HR-V – with the HR-V SLF “Selfie Edition” coming shortly afterward – and the continued success of the 2015 Honda Fit among young drivers, it is pretty clear that Honda has asserted their place among drivers who are making their entry into the adult world by offering affordable vehicles to offset the ever-growing student loan burden that has drivers prioritizing value more than ever before.

via http://www.digitaljournal.com/pr/2531543
Sponsored

Viva la vida

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T
Make it sporty, cheap and good fuel economy and it will sell boatloads to young people. Just as long as they don't choose to ride bikes instead :p

Tap Out

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 CRV
Making the Civic more sporty again in both looks and performance while keeping prices the same will help draw the millennials. So far so good from what I read and see here.

Backstrom

Threads
Reaction score
All affordable cars attract young buyers. I don't know the breakdown but I bet Civics of old have all sold to a large % of young people. Making it sporty and fun will actually bring in enthusiasts which is what really matters to me.......

Tap Out

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 CRV
All affordable cars attract young buyers. I don't know the breakdown but I bet Civics of old have all sold to a large % of young people. Making it sporty and fun will actually bring in enthusiasts which is what really matters to me.......
Except Scion for some crazy reason lol. Cars are real inexpensive but guess all that youth oriented marketing didn't work.

http://autoweek.com/article/car-new...ky-youth-brand-moves-regular-cars-regular-ads

According to R.L. Polk data, the average tC coupe buyer in 2007 was 43.5 years old. Last year the average tC buyer was 47. Similar aging patterns followed the xB and xD hatchbacks as well. Still, those buyers are spring chickens compared with the average Toyota Camry buyer, who was 60 in 2011.
Looks like Toyota's got an age problem :)
Sponsored