Apple CarPlay with factory controls on Aftermarket head unit

HondaBurns

First Name
Adrian Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport HB
Hey, I have a 17 Honda Sport HatchBack, I was wondering if anyone has gotten their factory talk button to get Apple CarPlay to work in their car.

It's not a huge deal but it would be cool to get it to work.

I appreciate any feedback on this.
Sponsored

Rayve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 white Civic VTI-LX (Touring equivalent)
Country flag
Not sure about Carplay but with Android Auto a longer press - around a couple of seconds - activates Google voice features.

OP
OP
HondaBurns

HondaBurns

First Name
Adrian Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure about Carplay but with Android Auto a longer press - around a couple of seconds - activates Google voice features.

On a head unit that you replaced?

What head unit do you have?

ResortCasual

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Talk button works for me when used with CarPlay. I use it all the time to play music and to get directions using Maps.

Like @Rayve mentioned, it does take a longer press to activate --- you need to press and hold until you hear the "Siri beep."

OP
OP
HondaBurns

HondaBurns

First Name
Adrian Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Talk button works for me when used with CarPlay. I use it all the time to play music and to get directions using Maps.

Like @Rayve mentioned, it does take a longer press to activate --- you need to press and hold until you hear the "Siri beep."

I got you but I'm basically asking , does it work with an after market radio? If so, which one do you have?

Doc_C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I got you but I'm basically asking , does it work with an after market radio? If so, which one do you have?
You should change your title or question to reflect that you are talking about it working with an aftermarket headunit. This isn't really clear.

OP
OP
HondaBurns

HondaBurns

First Name
Adrian Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You should change your title or question to reflect that you are talking about it working with an aftermarket headunit. This isn't really clear.
I just changed it, didn't realize I could edit it. I realized the question was unclear after the 1st two responses lol thankyou!

Stock here...sorry
That's okay, question was unclear, I clicked your profile and seen you had a touring so I knew yours works like that lol
Sponsored