Apparently Honda is doing maximum damage control at dealerships

Have you brought in your 2016 for any problem since the purchase?

• Yes

Votes: 34 48.6%
  • No

Votes: 36 51.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

j_illang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Touring
My aunt who works at a Honda dealership made the claim that the 2016 civic line up is not reliable.

At her dealership they have received tons of replacement parts for their 2016 civic vehicles due to the various problems.

• Can anyone validate that this is also the case at your dealership? Are your dealerships fixing a lot of items on the 2016 civic prior to selling it to the customer?
  • Is there a way to find out the list of discovered problems in the civic? Example a list of TSBs since November.
Sponsored

slowride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Type-R
Country flag
I was at my local dealer this weekend and man do they have a lot of Civics. My salesguy said "sales haven't taken off yet". I don't know if there just aren't any deals or what is up, but he didn't indicate that there was any known issues that they have to fix.

OP
OP

j_illang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Touring
I was at my local dealer this weekend and man do they have a lot of Civics. My salesguy said "sales haven't taken off yet". I don't know if there just aren't any deals or what is up, but he didn't indicate that there was any known issues that they have to fix.
yeah man, I also feel like people like to stay away from newer cars with the fear of something going wrong. The forums also do a good job at scaring people lol

ICanLiftACivicUp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Aegean Blue Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So far anyone who bought a car (probably EX and up) made before mid January will likely have to take it in for the audio mute problem.

crea78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Accord Sport, 2016 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
No problems here with my EX-T which I bought just before XMas... knock on wood.

domm92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've brought mine because I was concerned
With the cvt being jerky. I'm going to test drive another civic next Monday to see how that one feels.

I'm going to bring it back soon for the subwoofer rattle and also the dashboard is rattling.

akb333

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX (Had a 2016 Touring but traded it due to issues)
I've been in 3 times! My dealership is blaming Honda Canada and Honda Canada is blaming the dealership. I'll attach my letter to them, along with a video of the faulty LCD that cannot be fixed.

Honda Civic 10th gen Apparently Honda is doing maximum damage control at dealerships HONDA11

alphabetzoop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've been in 3 times! My dealership is blaming Honda Canada and Honda Canada is blaming the dealership. I'll attach my letter to them, along with a video of the faulty LCD that cannot be fixed.
My screen flickered like that within two weeks of driving the car off the lot. Are you encountering cold weather? Mine resolved itself shortly after the temperatures warmed up a little and the issue never came back.

akb333

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX (Had a 2016 Touring but traded it due to issues)
My screen flickered like that within two weeks of driving the car off the lot. Are you encountering cold weather? Mine resolved itself shortly after the temperatures warmed up a little and the issue never came back.
Sadly it happens no matter what the temperature. :(

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
So far anyone who bought a car (probably EX and up) made before mid January will likely have to take it in for the audio mute problem.
Source?

There is a TSB, 16-1, for all Touring trims produced before 12/18 (Alliston 2* VINs) and 12/16 (Greensburg 1* VINs), for the audio amplifier firmware. This is *much* more limited than EX and above, mid-January and prior.

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Honda Canada is blaming the dealership.
So if Honda CA blames the dealership, what other dealer have they suggested you try and what do they propose that dealer should do? Blaming a dealer, in and of itself, fixes nothing.

I get back to three things, one of which has been tried. They could swap out the head unit and/or the HU to display LVDS cable. Unless Honda is willing to agree this is a HU software problem.

ICanLiftACivicUp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Aegean Blue Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Source?

There is a TSB, 16-1, for all Touring trims produced before 12/18 (Alliston 2* VINs) and 12/16 (Greensburg 1* VINs), for the audio amplifier firmware. This is *much* more limited than EX and above, mid-January and prior.

Only posts on this and other forums... I remember seeing a lot of people who had any trim with the "higher quality" display having this problem, and the TSB went out on 1/8... didn't read the whole thing (TL;DR):dance:

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Only posts on this and other forums... I remember seeing a lot of people who had any trim with the "higher quality" display having this problem, and the TSB went out on 1/8
There are other Display Audio issues. This is the one that has a fix.

OP
OP

j_illang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Touring
I've brought mine because I was concerned
With the cvt being jerky. I'm going to test drive another civic next Monday to see how that one feels.

I'm going to bring it back soon for the subwoofer rattle and also the dashboard is rattling.
Yeah I brought mine back for the subwoofer rattling. They insulated the trunk with foam, and it worked perfectly after that!

OP
OP

j_illang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Touring

wow that is tragic. After your write-up, did you hear any news? Maybe you should contact - CBC Marketplace .. Once it comes under their radar, these things get resolved pretty quickly. Also, it looks like Dick W mentioned that there may be a fix for this.
Sponsored