anyone get a paint job recently?

Zange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 WoP Civic Touring
Country flag
so I got a major boo boo on my back right door. A deep scratch going from the edge o the door to the edge of the back fender about 6 inches long very noticeable and I would like to get rid of it. Was wondering how much paint job for that would be.
Sponsored

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accord ex-l sedan, 2016 accord sport sedan, 2006 civic type r (in spain) and 2017 civic sedan ex-t w/manual transmission
Country flag
so I got a major boo boo on my back right door. A deep scratch going from the edge o the door to the edge of the back fender about 6 inches long very noticeable and I would like to get rid of it. Was wondering how much paint job for that would be.
Id say $750 to $1k from what ive seen..

midengine driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport , 2019 Buick Encore AWD, Sold 3800SC Fiero had a few Fieros
Country flag
Id say $750 to $1k from what ive seen..
That doesnt sound to far off. When we took delivery of our Hatch Jan 2nd I noticed a dent in the passenger side rear dog leg. The dealership ate that one and the bill was well over $800

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5t 6MT Cosmic Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
:ninja: That sounds crazy to me
Painting a door in China costs 70-100$ for a decent job. Maybe a little more at the dealership.

brianric

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brianric.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
:ninja: That sounds crazy to me
Painting a door in China costs 70-100$ for a decent job. Maybe a little more at the dealership.
It's not just the door that's going to be painted. The surrounding areas need to be repainted to blend in. I have a rear bumper that needs to be replaced. If all I had was just the bumper replaced it's $500. Tack on another $1,000 to repaint the surrounding areas to blend in with the bumper.

Xeps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
So I have a dent in my passenger door could be done pointless.. Does honda cover that? Literally just got the car last week. It's less than an 1"

Lunar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
So I have a dent in my passenger door could be done pointless.. Does honda cover that? Literally just got the car last week. It's less than an 1"
Not unless it arrived like that, and if it did then it should've been documented.

DrGiggleFr1tz

I love me some hatch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Okay hold on a minute. Everyone hear is estimating at least $750. The question is, did it reach your primer? And if it did, did it reach the metal itself? If it has, then yes you're probably looking at $750+. However, if it just scratched the paint itself, you're looking at $300 instead. I posted a pretty deep scratch I got on my car and it cost me $300. Your best action is to go to your local Honda dealership and ask them.who they use for body work. You will save money by going to them instead of a completely different 3rd party.
Sponsored