Anyone else just get email from their Dealer?

Biggeek55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW Type R, 2019 Accord 2.0 Touring, 2017 Hatch Sport Touring, 2015 Civic SI
Country flag
Anyone else just receive an email from their dealer laying out formally the Pre-order terms formally?

I was curious if this was directed from Honda or something my dealer has done on their own preparing for delivery? I've pre-ordered things before and never got a formal layout like this. It's a good thing.
I was sad to learn I was 2nd, since I was certain I was 1st.. but they did say they are receiving 4 units, but don't know colors or trim details yet.. here's is hoping they don't get 1 good color and 3 sucky ones.

Below is part of the message:

2017 Civic Type-R pre-order terms/guidelines:

• Your name has been added in chronological order, to a pre-order list determined by when your deposit was received. You are number 2 on the list.
  • You have agreed to purchase the vehicle selected at the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price as set by American Honda.
  • The first right of refusal will be offered, subject to the terms contained herein, to purchasers in chronological order, regardless of color preference.
  • The method of payment must be communicated to the dealership prior to vehicle arrival. Once the vehicle is listed in our on-order inventory, your Sales Associate will proceed with the loan approval process if financing is requested.
  • If there is a trade-in, agreement upon the value of such trade-in must be reached prior to the arrival of the Civic Type-R. If agreement of the trade-in is not reached prior to the Type-R arrival, Valley Honda will refund your deposit and proceed to the next client in chronological order.
  • We will communicate with you the production time frame, in-transit time frame, and estimated time of arrival. Once the vehicle arrives, you will have 3 business days to take delivery.
Sponsored

erbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Nissan Altima, 2004 BMW M3
Country flag
Any mention of the add-on ? Because all of those BS stuff can be on the sticker as well.

OP
OP

Biggeek55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW Type R, 2019 Accord 2.0 Touring, 2017 Hatch Sport Touring, 2015 Civic SI
Country flag
Any mention of the add-on ? Because all of those BS stuff can be on the sticker as well.
No comments about options, colors or specs. Just a prep for the delivery process.

metal_driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TSX (Euro-R mods), 2009 Acura TSX, 2008 MDX, 2011 Shelby GT500, 2018 Type R, 2020 MDX A-Spec
Country flag
If you ask me it looks like they had some in-house legal consult helped them put that together and it looks like its weighted in their favour. Will be interesting to see if this pops up at any other dealers :fear:

The good news is that the Type R's are getting closer to showing up.. :spaz:

Last edited:

JYR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8th gen Si
Country flag
If you ask me it looks like they had some in-house legal consult help them put that together and it looks like it weighted in their favour.
A dealer writing a proposal in their favor??? Offering "right of refusal" ....you don't say. I have never heard of 'right of refusal' before. Don't you always have a right of refusal as a customer? Why is this a contract thing?

Dealer: Mr. customer, you are second in line to buy at MSRP.

Customer: Okay, great. I can't wait to get my R!!!!

*vehicle is available, salesman gets in touch with buyer...

Dealer: We have another customer in line just like you, but is willing to pay $5k over MSRP. Would you like to pay $5k over MSRP?

Customer: No

Dealer: Ok, well you can exercise your 'right of refusal'.

Customer: but...we agreed upon MSRP

Dealer: Ok, ...this customer agreed upon $5k over MSRP. Did you want to buy it or exercise your right of refusal?

InitialDougie

1st PMM CTR delivery & only 2017 Sold @ MSRP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000, RSX Type S, CTR
Country flag
I have a perfectly reliable 2003 RSX Type S with bolt ons that i've been driving for 11 years now, of course I'm ready for a new car but i'm not a sucker.

There should be no ADM, if there is don't pay it. If they pull funny stuff it should be easy to walk away, don't let your emotions control you :)

edit: my dealer has not contacted me with anything like this, but basically i have the same terms

atwellb79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Si, 335xi
Country flag
Anyone else just receive an email from their dealer laying out formally the Pre-order terms formally?

I was curious if this was directed from Honda or something my dealer has done on their own preparing for delivery? I've pre-ordered things before and never got a formal layout like this. It's a good thing.
I was sad to learn I was 2nd, since I was certain I was 1st.. but they did say they are receiving 4 units, but don't know colors or trim details yet.. here's is hoping they don't get 1 good color and 3 sucky ones.

Below is part of the message:

2017 Civic Type-R pre-order terms/guidelines:

• Your name has been added in chronological order, to a pre-order list determined by when your deposit was received. You are number 2 on the list.
  • You have agreed to purchase the vehicle selected at the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price as set by American Honda.
  • The first right of refusal will be offered, subject to the terms contained herein, to purchasers in chronological order, regardless of color preference.
  • The method of payment must be communicated to the dealership prior to vehicle arrival. Once the vehicle is listed in our on-order inventory, your Sales Associate will proceed with the loan approval process if financing is requested.
  • If there is a trade-in, agreement upon the value of such trade-in must be reached prior to the arrival of the Civic Type-R. If agreement of the trade-in is not reached prior to the Type-R arrival, Valley Honda will refund your deposit and proceed to the next client in chronological order.
  • We will communicate with you the production time frame, in-transit time frame, and estimated time of arrival. Once the vehicle arrives, you will have 3 business days to take delivery.
Most be a standard email. Got the same one last night. Where are you located?

Honda Civic 10th gen Anyone else just get email from their Dealer? Type_r

OP
OP

Biggeek55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Most be a standard email. Got the same one last night. Where are you located?

Type_r.jpg
Valley Honda, as I assume you are also, given your location. I'm actually down in Plainfield
So you are number 1, how early did you put your deposit down? And most importantly what color are you after?

atwellb79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Si, 335xi
Country flag
Valley Honda, as I assume you are also, given your location. I'm actually down in Plainfield
So you are number 1, how early did you put your deposit down? And most importantly what color are you after?
I started talking with GM in October. He called me mid February stating they were going to put deposits down and I was first on the list. I told him black but would also take white. I believe he requested black, white, and the dark grey but didn't know if this is what he would receive. What color are you after?

OP
OP

Biggeek55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I started talking with GM in October. He called me mid February stating they were going to put deposits down and I was first on the list. I told him black but would also take white. I believe he requested black, white, and the dark grey but didn't know if this is what he would receive. What color are you after?
I'm after white too.. . This is very interesting, since I put my deposit down on Nov 4th. I will refuse a black or sonic grey.

You at Valley Honda too?

OP
OP

Biggeek55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Maybe we can agree that you take Black and I'll take White.. and I'll buy you a beer. You know, so we don't have to go to a no-holds-barred cage match.

atwellb79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Si, 335xi
Country flag
I'm after white too.. . This is very interesting, since I put my deposit down on Nov 4th. I will refuse a black or sonic grey.

You at Valley Honda too?
Yep Valley Honda.

I just followed up with her and told her I would prefer black. I got this response asking her about the color situation.

Hi Brad,
You are very welcome! We are excited for this vehicle to arrive!
The Type-R will be offered in Black, Red, Blue, Gray, and White. My Zone Rep had not yet seen the color samples nor has Honda communicated color names. I am sure they are working very hard on pulling together this vehicle launch.
Honda told us we will be getting 4 vehicles but we do not yet know which colors. All of the vehicles allocated to us will show up in our on-order inventory at the same time so we will be able to see all 4 colors. Since you are first on the list you can pick the one you want. I understand your color preferences are Black & White. I am relatively confident you will get one of those colors.
We will be in touch. Please feel free to reach out to me with any additional questions. Thank you! Have a great day.

The white is all yours unless they don't get a black. I would assume all 4 will be coming together. Can't imagine they would come at different times.

OP
OP

Biggeek55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yep Valley Honda.

I just followed up with her and told her I would prefer black. I got this response asking her about the color situation.

Hi Brad,
You are very welcome! We are excited for this vehicle to arrive!
The Type-R will be offered in Black, Red, Blue, Gray, and White. My Zone Rep had not yet seen the color samples nor has Honda communicated color names. I am sure they are working very hard on pulling together this vehicle launch.
Honda told us we will be getting 4 vehicles but we do not yet know which colors. All of the vehicles allocated to us will show up in our on-order inventory at the same time so we will be able to see all 4 colors. Since you are first on the list you can pick the one you want. I understand your color preferences are Black & White. I am relatively confident you will get one of those colors.
We will be in touch. Please feel free to reach out to me with any additional questions. Thank you! Have a great day.

The white is all yours unless they don't get a black. I would assume all 4 will be coming together. Can't imagine they would come at different times.
Same story they've been telling me. About 30 days out they should know what colors they are getting. Pat told me the same about getting the 4 cars. Perks of using the best dealer in the state ;).

I'm good with that too. Def hoping for white, but if the Polished Metal Metallic looks good it is a 2nd (but I have to see one to know for sure on that) .. the other colors are a good distance behind.

metal_driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TSX (Euro-R mods), 2009 Acura TSX, 2008 MDX, 2011 Shelby GT500, 2018 Type R, 2020 MDX A-Spec
Country flag
I hope the colors work out for you guys. Sounds like its going to. :thumbsup:
Sponsored