Anyone actually hitting 20psi?

zx2down

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Altima 2.5 S
I keep seeing people saying they are getting 15-17.5psi. is anyone actually getting 20?
Sponsored

SecretAgentDannyBeans

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lunar Silver Civic SI Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My boost gauge only goes to 14, or am I reading it wrong?

OP
OP

zx2down

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Altima 2.5 S
I assume that this means some people have already taken delivery of their cars?
They been hitting lots for about a week now, so yes, people have them. I have over 30 on lots in a 50 miles radius of me.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
My boost gauge only goes to 14, or am I reading it wrong?
The bar graph stops at 14, but the actual PSI is indicated beside it. I've seen 16.x. It may have been higher, but I'm too busy watching the road to pay too much attention to a bunch of rapidly-changing digits. :)

I assume that this means some people have already taken delivery of their cars?
I've had mine over a week now. I don't think I was the first who reported taking delivery of one on here, but perhaps the second. As of today, it seems like we've got at least a half-dozen or more additional buyers who've reported bringing one home. Several others are still waiting on theirs to arrive or are waiting for them to hit a price point they're comfortable with.

A week ago, there were less than 100 on Cars.com. That number has been increasing each day by several dozen. This morning, the number shot up exponentially - almost doubling from 4xx yesterday morning to 7xx this morning indicating most dealers have at least one now.

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
Country flag
A week ago, there were less than 100 on Cars.com. That number has been increasing each day by several dozen. This morning, the number shot up exponentially - almost doubling from 4xx yesterday morning to 7xx this morning indicating most dealers have at least one now.
Yeah but the Energy Green Coupe I had my eyes on from a NNJ dealer got snatched up today. Was there Friday night. Emailed dealer and got response Saturday morning asking "is this the only model you're interested in?" Knew it can't be good so checked on website and it was gone. Bummer! :cloud:

BlackedoutFC1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have only been able to get 16psi and 17psi in sport mode. Tried different gears and same result. Curious what it takes to hit 20psi..

CivicSi84

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Chrysler 200
Country flag
Probably 93oct, mild ambient temps and some load.

M1K3_V

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civicc Si; 2016 Harley Davidson 48
Country flag
with 93oct with temps in Miami around 80 degrees I'm seeing on average 14-16 psi. I think in colder months we should see the 20 psi spike. (crosses fingers)

CivicSi84

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Chrysler 200
Country flag
with 93oct with temps in Miami around 80 degrees I'm seeing on average 14-16 psi. I think in colder months we should see the 20 psi spike. (crosses fingers)
Yea, I'm thinking 50-60 degree weather should get them there. I know in my SRT-4 I'd gain an extra 2-3 psi of boost when the temps dropped below 70. Also if anybody comes out with some solid IC pipes that might help as well(not sure if Honda uses rubber hoses to connect the IC).

M1K3_V

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civicc Si; 2016 Harley Davidson 48
Country flag
Yea, I'm thinking 50-60 degree weather should get them there. I know in my SRT-4 I'd gain an extra 2-3 psi of boost when the temps dropped below 70. Also if anybody comes out with some solid IC pipes that might help as well(not sure if Honda uses rubber hoses to connect the IC).
When the dealer was installing my front lip i was able to walk out to the car and check it out. (I'm good friends with one of the service advisors) as we both were looking at the car, I noticed the tiny FMIC on the Si and the piping at least around the IC was all solid piping. No rubber hoses there, but not entirely sure about the rest of the engine.

CivicSi84

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Chrysler 200
Country flag
When the dealer was installing my front lip i was able to walk out to the car and check it out. (I'm good friends with one of the service advisors) as we both were looking at the car, I noticed the tiny FMIC on the Si and the piping at least around the IC was all solid piping. No rubber hoses there, but not entirely sure about the rest of the engine.
I bet with an upgraded intercooler and tune this car will be able to push 250 whp+ with ease. Whether the clutch can handle that is another story but I have a pretty good feeling about the potential with the Si.

BlackedoutFC1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I bet with an upgraded intercooler and tune this car will be able to push 250 whp+ with ease. Whether the clutch can handle that is another story but I have a pretty good feeling about the potential with the Si.
AEM already released an IC charge pipe and injen has an IC that is direct fit. both for non-si though
Sponsored