anybody running the AF dynamic intake yet?

rjmancia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Honda S2000, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
These intakes are disappointing in the sound department. They don't have that typical Honda CAI sound. Yes you can hear the turbo sucking in air, and you can hear a pssshh sound if you abruptly let off the gas. This definitely doesn't have that loud growl sound. Im guessing its because of that flat black intake piece that the new intake connects to
Exactly! Just thought it would be much louder but still way better than stock for sure!
Sponsored

hfpdohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatch 2017 M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
man....cant wait to get that intake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gheezycivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBM civic
Added this DC sports filter with a flow stack inside for an additional $32.

The difference between the two is night and day. Eco mode has slightly better response.

It touches the ECU so there is some rattling on idle but once it get gets warmer, I'll probably cut off a small portion so it fits more snug.

Honda Civic 10th gen anybody running the AF dynamic intake yet? 20170316_171846

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
These intakes are disappointing in the sound department. They don't have that typical Honda CAI sound. Yes you can hear the turbo sucking in air, and you can hear a pssshh sound if you abruptly let off the gas. This definitely doesn't have that loud growl sound. Im guessing its because of that flat black intake piece that the new intake connects to
its because of the turbo

OP
OP
maddmatt02

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic ex-t 2016 crv lx 2001 accord ex 1997 integra gs
Country flag
Is that the 2.75 or is that the 3" w/ the boot compressed to fit? in the first pic the boot looks like its squished weird or something but in the 2nd pic it looks to be just a straight shot from tube to filter.

Last edited:

gheezycivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBM civic
Is that the 2.75 or is that the 3" w/ the boot compressed to fit? in the first pic the boot looks like its squished weird or something but in the 2nd pic it looks to be just a straight shot from tube to filter.
It's the 2.75 inch filter. In the first pic there was barely any room, so I sawed off an about an inch to get better fitment. Sanded the area off with 60, 100 grid sand paper, and cleaned it up. Even with the filter that came with it, it would sometimes rattle against the ECU.

Overall I'm happy with the purchase with additional filter. The DC filter definitely flows better.

OP
OP
maddmatt02

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic ex-t 2016 crv lx 2001 accord ex 1997 integra gs
Country flag
Part # DC275 or something right? Was looking at it but it only showed the filter where the DC300 showed the silicone coupler too. Figured they both would but since now I know I'll place my order.

Thanks.

gheezycivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBM civic
Part # DC275 or something right? Was looking at it but it only showed the filter where the DC300 showed the silicone coupler too. Figured they both would but since now I know I'll place my order.

Thanks.
Yeah it should come with the coupler as well. Part number DCF275, I got mine off ebay item# 170927112973. Offered $32 for it.

Now that I have some room, I may eventually use the Apexi PC filter, but that will come many thousand miles later on the DC filter.

hfpdohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatch 2017 M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
still patiently waiting for this to arrive...suppose to be this week!!!!!:)